<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Keeping Score » | Snowman Shuffle at WRL » | Snowman Shuffle » | Wrigley's doing great » | Happy Friday! sort of » | Keep up the blog... » | This blogging thing is cool » | My first 25K (plus some) »

Am I un-interesting...or is it just me?

Sunday, January 16, 2005

So, in an effort to extend my blog-awareness beyond my small circle of friends, I am employing the use of Blog Explosion. I've checked out a couple of others, but this one was the first that I could figure out how to use. I get the game...check out other people's blogs to earn credits and get links to my blog. It seems to be working because my "hit count" on my site has gone up. I actually am taking the time to review the blogs I'm hitting. Some I do pass by quickly, but I've blogmarked a few for later perusal. I haven't been blogmarked yet. This is disappointing to me, but perhaps I'm being a bit impatient. I've only been at this "blogging" thing for a few days. Give it time. My greatest fear is that I'll be un-interesting to anyone except the people that already know (and pity) me.

1/16/2005 09:16:00 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Came across you on BE ... I totally understand the fear of being un-liked ... but you must realize that keeping a blog is like keeping a journal or a diary ... it is for you and you alone ... if people happen to like it as well, great! But don't stop writing what you know or feel b/c you want others in the "blogosphere" to like you. If you stay true to yourself, then fellow bloggers will see that and ultimately will like you!

    By Blogger Jen, at 1/17/2005 12:21:00 AM

     


  • Here's the thing about B.E. A lot of people just ignore the blogs that go by. They're just trying to get people to look at their site and they don't care about other people's sites. I think that's like stealing, but hey, whatever. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really care about the traffic. I have a handful of regular readers, just a few, but it's awesome, and they're the people I write for. And for me, too. What I do like is surfing and *finding* new blogs to look at. And don't even think about blogmarks. I only use mine when I'm on the treadmill and it's impossible to leave a comment so I add a blogmark and come back later. Yeah, I do surf on the treadmill. Now that I look, I found you through blog clicker. Well anyway, what am I going to do now that I've found *you*? Every time I leave a comment on somebody's site, it gets logged in my "cookie crumbs" list so I can remember where *I* have been. And other people might click on that and find you. But don't focus on traffic. It's not worth it. Exposure might get you new readers a couple a week or month, but having lots of people, I mean huge numbers of people reading my stuff would just make me nervous! Wow, I've rambled on a bit. But after all, that's the subtitle of my own blog. Check it out -- click on my name, find my profile, and that's what I really hate about blogger.com is you can't see where your visitors are from. I recommend HaloScan for comments. Not that I use it because I have bBlog. OK, I'm going, I'm going!!

    By Blogger Dave, at 1/18/2005 01:22:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink