<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | My Favorite Things...Lunch Restaurants » | Waiter boy at Tia's » | Reverse snob-ism » | Am I un-interesting...or is it just me? » | Keeping Score » | Snowman Shuffle at WRL » | Snowman Shuffle » | Wrigley's doing great » | Happy Friday! sort of » | Keep up the blog... »

Definition of Frou-Frou

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Ah, I love looking up the meaning of words. As the proud holder of a degree in English with a concentration in British Literature, I don't spend enough time dedicated to composition. Perhaps my postings on this blog will give me reason to use new words (new to both myself and you readers) and provide their definitions. Per my previous post dedicated to my favorite lunch establishments, I receive a request for the definition of a "Frou Frou Sandwich". So, as requested by Moody, here is what I found: Hyperdictionary.com provides the following definition: \Frou"frou`\, n. [F., of imitative origin.] A rustling, esp. the rustling of a woman's dress. Freesearch.co.uk defines it as: decorative pieces added to women's clothing: - a frou-frou gown/skirt And,Dictionary.com explains: frouĀ·frou also frou-frou (froo froo) n. 1. Fussy or showy dress or ornamentation. 2. A rustling sound, as of silk. As I used the word, the meaning was to indicate fancy or overdone. During my search I also discovered that there is a band called Frou Frou. Evidently they have a track on the movie soundtrack for Garden State, written and directed by and starring the cutie-patootie star of NBC's hit comedy show Scrubs. I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on my list. Having 2 young children doesn't often allow me to see any movie except on DVD. Unless it's rated PG and/or animated. Anyhow, hopefully this will clear up any questions about the usage of Frou Frou.

1/19/2005 08:46:00 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Thanks! I will try to use "frou-frou" today in my conversations.

    B.A.R. Editor
    www.badassreviews.com

    By Blogger www.BadAssReviews.com, at 1/19/2005 10:58:00 AM

     


  • I just watched Garden State recently. It was okay and everything, but I thought it was hyped way too much.

    By Blogger scientist, at 1/19/2005 11:37:00 PM

     


  • I thank thee kindly fair Lady for your comprehensive explanation of the word "Frou-Frou".
    I feel that I now can venture into the world as a stronger and more wise man.


    ...and yes Garden State seems like a very good movie.
    Time to soak my head in coffee.
    Ta-Ta!

    By Blogger Moody, at 1/20/2005 03:37:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink