<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Shame on me! » | Weekend Adventures » | My Favorite Things...My Friends » | My Favorite Things...Places to Shop NOTE » | My Favorite Things...Places to Shop » | Definition of Frou-Frou » | My Favorite Things...Lunch Restaurants » | Waiter boy at Tia's » | Reverse snob-ism » | Am I un-interesting...or is it just me? »

Something nice from an Anonymous Angel

Friday, January 28, 2005

Something nice happened to me this morning. On Fridays I like to treat myself to a Starbucks (venti non-fat, no foam chai tea latte) and grab a paper. I subscribe to the paper, by my hubby is home on Fridays during the day and I leave the paper for him to read. So, after dropping the chillin's off at school, I stopped by the Starbucks on my route (it's not the closest one, but on the way) to work. This SBux has a drive-thru which is normally at least 10 cars deep. Sometimes I get lucky and can zoom right through, but when the line is that long I park and go inside. So, today as I entered the store an inhaled the bouquet of a cornucopia of coffee aromas, little did I expect such a pleasant surprise. I snagged a paper and stepped up to the counter to order. I was given a total, and then told by the barista that my order had been paid for by an Anonymous Angel. Someone had purchased and left a Starbucks card to pay for other peoples' morning coffee orders! Now, I have heard of this kindness propogated by others, but had never received the benefit of being on the receiving end. I've always thought this was a wonderful way to spread a sense of community and caring. I will find some way today to repay the kindness of this Anonymous Angel. I don't know how or where just yet, but I will look for the next opportunity to be an Angel to others. I challenge you to do the same.

1/28/2005 09:26:00 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I love the idea... I think I am going to do that tomorrow morning... Wonderful...

    By Blogger EnjoyTheSilence, at 1/28/2005 11:37:00 AM

     


  • I have been the lucky recipient of someone paying my bridge toll. I have since done it for others. Coming up to the toll taker and then having the employee wave you through is a wonderful treat in the am.

    On another thought, did you really just write: "...inhaled the bouguet of a cornucopia of coffee aromas..." Starbux could hire you for publicity rep

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2005 01:21:00 PM

     


  • Are you sure you arent' starting an urban legend?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2005 02:35:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink