<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Tyler 25K Race Report » | Tommorrow is Tyler 25K » | Kid-Free Weekend!!! » | WAR-P Race Report -- Team Nie-Ny » | States I've been to » | Into the lion's mouth » | Something nice from an Anonymous Angel » | Shame on me! » | Weekend Adventures » | My Favorite Things...My Friends »

Extreme Office Cleaning

Friday, February 18, 2005

How clean is your office? I must work in one of the cleanest office in the world. I know all offices have cleaning crews, but I'm not used to seeing them in the office during the day. Maintenance crews yes, but not the cleaning lady. Yet there she is...9-5. Our bathrooms get cleaned at least three times a day. Maybe four. They're clean in the morning when I get here. Then they're cleaned again mid-morning. And then they're cleaned AGAIN, in the middle of the afternoon. This mid-afternoon cleaning also seems to be approximately 30 minutes after I return from lunch. Never fails. No matter how early/late I go to lunch, she's there when I return. Then, I either have to wait it out or go to the downstairs loo. Three times a day!? We're not filthy pigs. I've never even seen a stray piece of toilet paper on the floor. The bad part is, every time she cleans she sprays that cheap rose-water smelling air freshner. Gag. She also cleans our coffee area at least twice a day. Spray down and wipe counters, sink, towel dispenser, cabinet fronts, empty garbage, etc. And the garbage is no little pail, it's one of the giant office bins. We don't generate that much trash! And, the water fountains are the most pristine I've ever seen. She cleans these every time she walks past them. I almost feel guilty about getting more water! I even try to hold the mouth of my cup to line up with the water stream to prevent any stray drops from marring the dry stainless steel. I guess this is a good thing since it's cold and flu season. Kill all the germs. But really, I think this is somewhat overboard. But, I sure wish she would stop by my house and give it the once-over. Two or three times a day.

2/18/2005 10:38:00 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Hi there
    Im an Irish lass living in London and on April 17th im runnning the london marathon. In a bid to draw up some attention from the blog commnity I am holding a blog marathon on 11th March.

    It is an opportunity to bring the blogging community together and also raise awareness of your blog.

    The idea for my post http://everythingirish.blogspot.com/ is that I blog for 26.2 hours placing a post up every half an hour. hopefully if I can drum up enough interest they people will read my blog and maybe donate some money to a good cause (raising £1500 for ActionAid who help fight poverty).

    But anyone can join in this blog marathon. Just for fun, to attract people to there site, to drum up business, or like me trying to raise money for charity.

    Check out http://blogmarathon.blogspot.com/ if you would like to join this blog marathon.

    my running blog is http://michellesmarathon.blogspot.com/

    Spread the word!
    Thanks Michelle

    By Blogger mmitch, at 2/18/2005 04:23:00 PM

     


  • I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.
    I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make reader to read the while thing to the end.

    Thanks a lot for the good read.

    By Anonymous Mila from office cleaning melbourne, at 2/21/2011 03:17:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink