<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | 10 Things in the news that bug me: » | I learned to "pop a wheelie" today... » | Extreme Office Cleaning » | Tyler 25K Race Report » | Tommorrow is Tyler 25K » | Kid-Free Weekend!!! » | WAR-P Race Report -- Team Nie-Ny » | States I've been to » | Into the lion's mouth » | Something nice from an Anonymous Angel »

You can follow me at Martin Dies

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The big race is this weekend! I'm taking a half day at work today and all day off tomorrow to finish packing and preparing. Who knew you could need so much stuff! And, I have to also pause to give appreciation to some people. #1, my DH/PC. Thank you for letting me have a "kitchen pass" for the weekend to go on this little jaunt. You'll be out here with me soon! ;) #2 & #3, my little kiddos. Thanks for being such great kids that person #4, Auntie RoRo will pick you up from school and let you spend Friday night with her. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! If you like, you can follow my team (actually racing with two teams) the Chubby Bastardos and the Chubby DeLites online! I think this is so cool. Go to Steel Sports Leaderboard web site. Under Upcoming Events on the page, click the link for the Martin Dies Adventure Race. You'll have to register on the site which you can do by clicking on the "New Users, Sign Up Here" link under the login boxes on the left side of the screen. After you register, you'll be taken to the race list again. Click Martin Dies Adventure Race again, and you'll see a grid with the list of teams and checkpoints. There's a chart at the top that shows you color coding for the different events, and it looks like you can see some info about each checkpoint by hovering your mouse over the CP number. I hope you'll check in every now and then to see how we're doing. Please leave me a comment if you do. I appreciate everyone's support and good-wishes. Cross fingers I make it through! I even got a tetanus shot just in case... Hope all your adventures this weekend are great!

2/24/2005 10:24:00 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Uh ok. GOOD LUCK! I don't get it myself. Would rather race to a couch and adventure my way through a box of tacos, but hey, I'm impressed. N-joy!

    By Blogger Xian, at 2/24/2005 12:04:00 PM

     


  • Have a great race!! After this running season is over, I may get allured into the 'dark side' too -:)

    -donutman

    By Anonymous donutman, at 2/24/2005 12:25:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink