<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Speed Workouts, a necessary evil » | What a weekend... » | You don't have to call me darlin', darlin' » | Mmmm, a new "flavor" » | So if I'm training for a marathon, that means I re... » | NASCAR Photos » | "Mom, you rocked the bouncy-house!" » | My back is going to hurt tomorrow... » | Gentlemen, start your engines! » | This is Texas after all... »

Anonymous Blog Nasties

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

So, yesterday, for the first time since this blog's inception in January, I had my first post from a blog nasty. This person posted anonymously, but I have an idea of who it may have been, since I happen to know where they came from. Yeah, those stat counter things are pretty cool. :) After the anonymous post, I temporarily disabled the ability to post a comment anonymously on my blog. This has now been reactivated, so good or bad, please feel free to post your comments. This is my blog. These are my thoughts. This is my life. I know who I am and I know what I am trying to accomplish. For me, this blog is supposed to be a "happy place". A place where I can reflect on my accomplishments, share my goals, motivate myself, inspire others (hopefully), receive feedback, suggestions, comments, criticism, and whatever else anyone may choose to share. If I end up talking to myself about myself some days, who the heck cares. It shows that I am thinking of me, working on me, giving myself what I have not for so long while I was busy giving to another and getting nothing in return. So, for those 76 positive comments that I have received from various sources over the course of this blog, thank you. I hope that you return, that you continue to comment when you feel like it, that I entertain you in some way, cause you to think about something, and bring a smile to your face or your heart. For the 2 negative comments that I have received from the one bad apple, I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry that you choose to be negative and caustic. I hope that the ulcer on your soul that is eating away at you is soon relieved. I too have experienced pain and loss and anger and a sense of unfairness. I could create posts that are bitter, vile, full of hate and emotion and let it all eat away at me. But I choose not to. I choose to focus on the good things, create new experiences for myself, and share them and what they have brought to me. If mowing my lawn, bouncing around with my kids, sharing my workouts, painting my house, or talking about my dogs is boring to you, then move on.

4/27/2005 08:49:00 AM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • Ain't it so true that we get tons of positives but it is the negatives that stick out. That sucks. Keep up with the postives and spreading the joy, you are making the world a better place. Don't worry about the fools that are negative, they just try to bring you down to there level. It is intellectually easier to berate people than it is to complement them. So let the "slow" people blabber, while us smart ones actually talk.

    By Blogger German Chocolate Ladies, at 4/27/2005 11:01:00 AM

     


  • I've only had to ban three IP addresses from my blog in the nine months I've had it. Compared to what I've read at some others (usually the more politically slanted) I count myself among the fortunate.

    Keep writing what you want to write and we'll keep reading. :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 4/27/2005 01:31:00 PM

     


  • hahaha...you are funny but the anonymous commenters are not if they say nasty things. had a spammer for a commenter. good thing we could delete the comment. you are right. it is your blog and you are entitled to write whatever you feel like writing. people who don't like it? they can just kiss your ***.

    By Anonymous Lumpianghubad, at 4/27/2005 07:05:00 PM

     


  • Gawd I live for hate mail. When they hate you it means you made them think outside the box for once in their pathetic lives.

    Don't let the turkeys get you down.

    And to those anonymous hate mailers out there, show some guts and put your damn name to things.

    Deb

    By Blogger Clublint, at 4/27/2005 09:40:00 PM

     


  • Wow!

    By Blogger mattandriver, at 8/09/2005 06:57:00 PM

     


  • keep on bloggin lass! i love hearing about your life, you make life seem like so much fun all the time.

    By Blogger Crystal, at 8/09/2005 11:59:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink