<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Gentlemen, start your engines! » | This is Texas after all... » | Running Shoes vs. Cute Shoes » | so thankful for all my friends » | gut-wrenching » | Lancaster Country Ride & The Martini Party » | Friday, Friday, Friday! » | Yay! It's Hump Day! And a reminder to make a donat... » | It's only Tuesday » | I ran the Big D Texas Half! »

My back is going to hurt tomorrow...

Saturday, April 16, 2005

But damn, my yard looks good! Four hours, eight lawn bags, three blisters, and my nice old neighbor later... I hate to rake. I know I have a catch-bag for my lawn mower, I just don't know where it is. Of course, before D left, this was his domain. I'm sure he hid it somewhere. I actually prefer to do yard work over house work, but he insisted. So, the kids and I trooped outside at 8:30 this morning, I mowed and edged the lawn, and used the weed-wacker around the flowerbeds. The kids were "raking", and after a few temper tantrums and a work stoppage on their part, they finally pulled it together and helped me finish. I have two very large oak trees in my front yard, and there were leaves tangled in the grass everywhere. I used the rake, and my neighbor's blower and got quite a few of them, but still, there were more leaves! So, despite the fact I had already mowed, the neighbor pulled out his lawnmower just to "suck up the leaves". And, they let me borrow some of their brown lawn bags for my clippings and leaves so I didn't have to use trash bags. (Plano is a pretty "green" city I think. We have recycling pickup, and if we use the special lawn bags, they take the clippings to a special mulching place to use for city mulch.) My neighbors, ALL of my neighbors, are old people (except for the gay couple that lives two doors down, they're middle aged). I live in senior-citizen-ville it seems. Still, it makes me feel a little safer, because old people are nosy, retired people, so they're home all day, and will watch out for what's going on around the homestead. And, it seems they like to help out with other people's yardwork! Then my daughter had her last soccer game of the season. They had a 0-0 draw as their last game. So, after losing, losing, losing, our last three games of the season were a 1-1 draw, a 3-1 win, and a 0-0 draw. I think they finally "got it"! Pizza party and trophies on Tuesday! For helping with the lawn (well, if you can call it that) we went to McDonalds after the game. I hate McDonalds. The only thing I'll eat there is the Filet-o-fish. I love the Filet-o-fish. I was mad when Whataburger discontinued the Whatacatch. That was my absolute favorite. Wendy's now has a fish sandwhich too. I tried it once, and it was pretty good. So, we ate, the kids played, and I did yesterday's crossword (didn't have time yesterdaydue to the NASCAR thingy). I'm behind on my crosswords actually. I still haven't done last Saturday or Sunday's crosswords. I'm a sort of crossword junkie. I do the Dallas Morning News commuter crossword every day. I usually finish, or have only 1 or 2 clues I can't figure out. I also do the New York Times crossword. I can finish Monday-Wednesday of that one, but haven't mastered Thursday-Sunday. One day...I will prevail! Then, after McD's, home for a nap! Whew, I needed that. My son had also asked to go to the batting cages, and since I'm considering playing softball this spring, I wanted to review my hitting skills as well. So, I looked up the nearest cages and we went to hit. My daughter was severly disappointed that she didn't get to bat too. But, she's too short, and they didn't have a helmet to fit her. So, she sat on the bench and whined. Thankfully my son and I only hit 60 balls each. Then, we decided to play mini-golf. Holes 1, 2 & 3 were fun. Then, it turned into whiners-ville. Come on guys! This is supposed to be fun. But no, feelings were hurt, a ball was lost, and someone couldn't get over the fact that it was just a game. The evening was pretty much ruined. Still, I had to feed the little monsters and go to Target before I could throw them in bed for the night. They tried to make up for it and actually resembled human children for awhile! Your parents always say...just wait till you have kids...Man, I am getting some payback!

4/16/2005 10:43:00 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink