<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | What a weekend... » | You don't have to call me darlin', darlin' » | Mmmm, a new "flavor" » | So if I'm training for a marathon, that means I re... » | NASCAR Photos » | "Mom, you rocked the bouncy-house!" » | My back is going to hurt tomorrow... » | Gentlemen, start your engines! » | This is Texas after all... » | Running Shoes vs. Cute Shoes »

Speed Workouts, a necessary evil

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I had my first speed workout last night. I will not look forward to these, but I will do them because then I will run faster. One of my friends is a running coach, and she told me not to do the 8 mile run I had planned. "Instead, do a Tempo Run." she said. Oh boy. 10 minute warm-up, 10 minute tempo run, 10 minute cool-down. The 10 minute tempo run is supposed to be at a pace that makes you want to puke. So, I ran my warm-up laps, and later I figured I ran these too fast. Then I sped up (ha! as if I can speed up much) for the run-till-you-puke part. Well, I didn't puke, but I did feel pretty crappy. I had to walk for about a minute in order to catch my breath, then I ran the rest of the way for the cool-down. I felt pretty good afterward considering. I danced my way home to some Outkast "I like the way you move" and was excited when I entered my time and distance into my running log. I avereged a 10:47 pace for 29:33! Holy Moly! That's the first time I have ever averaged less than a 12 minute mile. YAY!

4/26/2005 08:52:00 AM :: ::
11 Comments:
  • Your blog gets like no comments, it's like you are virtually talking to yourself...about yourself.

    By Anonymous Castor, at 4/26/2005 11:04:00 AM

     


  • Hey, thanks for your support. I really appreciate it. I know who reads my blog. Who cares if they don't comment. It also helps keep me motivated and active. And talking to oneself is entirely underrated. You have such a positive attitude that you must do a lot of talking to yourself.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 4/26/2005 11:08:00 AM

     


  • Oh, and thanks for leaving your email so I could make sure you got my response. Have a nice day.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 4/26/2005 11:09:00 AM

     


  • What do you need the email for? I see your response on the blog, that uhhhhh, how it works...I'm going to make sure that your blog gets the attention it deserves now. Many comments.

    By Anonymous Castor, at 4/26/2005 11:13:00 AM

     


  • You're just jealous because I managed to leave hell behind and you didn't...or perhaps you were the cause of it. Oh yes, I know where you came from.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 4/26/2005 11:27:00 AM

     


  • What a mean-spirited person - if you can't say anything nice - or at least wittily nasty - why bother?

    By Blogger culfy, at 4/26/2005 12:33:00 PM

     


  • hmmm. Yes, and then that spoils the fun for all the nice people out there who now cannot post anonymously. I guess I'll have even fewer posts than I did before...

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 4/26/2005 12:58:00 PM

     


  • I like reading your blog! I think you write extremely well and that inspires me, who isn't a good writer at all, to at least attempt to write. I don't do it for anyone but me. It's therapeutic. Of course there will always be ultra critical people in this world, who have nothing satisfying in there lives, so they try to bring down everyone else. How sad! Your an inspiration to me!!

    By Blogger Tamsinor, at 4/26/2005 02:57:00 PM

     


  • Exactly! It's for me...anyone who wants to read and comment can do so, or not! Thanks Tam! Hope to see you soon!

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 4/26/2005 03:17:00 PM

     


  • Wow, thats an awful lot of running, total respect to you.

    By Blogger Jilly, at 4/26/2005 03:48:00 PM

     


  • I enjoy readng your updates Interstellarlass don't let the blog nasties get you down. My understanding of blogs are for unleashing our thoughts and if people read and respond it's an added bonus.

    If people don't like it they are not forced to read and tune in.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 4/27/2005 02:49:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink