<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Running Shoes vs. Cute Shoes » | so thankful for all my friends » | gut-wrenching » | Lancaster Country Ride & The Martini Party » | Friday, Friday, Friday! » | Yay! It's Hump Day! And a reminder to make a donat... » | It's only Tuesday » | I ran the Big D Texas Half! » | Texas Half » | The world would be better if it were a sillier pla... »

This is Texas after all...

Friday, April 15, 2005

Well, as another "I can't believe I'm doing this moment" nears...I'm going to a NASCAR race. Not a place I thought I'd ever find myself. :) Two of my good friends are dragging me along. ;) And I even have a t-shirt to wear! My company does Halloween up big, and we did a NASCAR theme this last year. My favorite store to shop at is Target, so of course I picked the driver they sponsor. Go Casey Mears! I hope he's actually racing...And another good thing too is I'm taking a half-day off work to go! So, amid beer, rednecks, RVs & tents, I'll be avoiding sunburn and trying not to get dizzy as I watch a bunch of grown men drive fast cars in circles. he he he! My friend Judy told me there are only 3 rules... Rule number 1...if you get in a fight and get arrested...we are not bailing you out until the races are OVER Rule number 2...if you enter anyone's RV/Tent of your own free will....I'm not coming in to drag you out...at least until the race is OVER Rule number 3...no glass...track rule... Where does one find plastic beer bottles? Duh, I didn't think of it till just now. Cans! Show's you how high-class I am. It didn't even occur to me that beer comes in anything but bottles. HA! I can't remember the last time I drank a beer out of a can. This should be fun! Oh, and I don't think anyone has to worry about me breaking rules 1 & 2...I'm a good girl. riiiiight...

4/15/2005 09:08:00 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Races are alot of fun. You will enjoy yourself and see alot of interesting people. Watch out for the drunk, burly men.

    By Blogger Mike Farmer, at 4/15/2005 09:45:00 AM

     


  • I am not a big race fan, but have been to Texas Motor Speedway.

    Just recently moved south from the DFW area and miss it greatly.

    Give the event a chance... and definitly watch for the guys, because they'll be watching for you! ;-)

    From one texas girl to another - have fun!

    By Blogger Agent 99, at 4/15/2005 10:28:00 AM

     


  • Earplugs!!! Seriously, you need them. It's a wonderful track (we live very close), but you wouldn't ever catch me at a NASAR race.

    By Blogger Anne, at 4/15/2005 08:56:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink