<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Mmmm, a new "flavor" » | So if I'm training for a marathon, that means I re... » | NASCAR Photos » | "Mom, you rocked the bouncy-house!" » | My back is going to hurt tomorrow... » | Gentlemen, start your engines! » | This is Texas after all... » | Running Shoes vs. Cute Shoes » | so thankful for all my friends » | gut-wrenching »

You don't have to call me darlin', darlin'

Friday, April 22, 2005

You never even called me by my name... I so wish I could push a fast-forward button and move this day along! I am ready and waiting for the weekend! Hurry up and get here! Tonight, I'm going out to Billy Bob's...something that is normally entirely against my nature to do, as I am NOT a 'country girl' despite living in Texas all my life (I don't even own a pair of boots!). The only reason I am even setting foot in 'cowboy country' is to see David Allan Coe. I grew up listening to "The Long-haired Redneck" on family road trips. It was a staple of our "road-music" collection, and my favorite tapes (yes, when music used to be stored on magnetic tape rather than CDs) to request. All my friends know that I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, but "I can sing you every song Hank Williams ever wrote" (to quote DAC himself). Well, not Hank Williams, but certainly David Allan Coe. And I still do, all the sad ones that I know... I'm so excited! Then, after hanging out with all the sh*t kickers on Friday, I'll drive an hour north to Muenster for Germanfest. I'm riding the 100K (62 mile) bike rally with some of my AT friends. Then, drinking beer and eating bratwurst and listening to a little "oom-pah" music. (I'll be running the gamut of musical genre this weekend, eh?) After that, it's off to Bar-H for a little camping, followed by mountain biking (on the baby-trails...since I'm such a chicken) on Sunday morning (if my rear can handle the bike seat two days in a row). Whew! By Sunday night I won't be able to keep my eyes open. It's sure to be a fun, fun, fun weekend!

4/22/2005 08:49:00 AM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Looks like your in for a fun weekend. I'd love to go camping at Bar H again. From all y'alls talk on the AT board. Sounds like your in for a blast of a good time. Wish I were going too!

    Tammy

    By Blogger Tamsinor, at 4/22/2005 11:30:00 AM

     


  • Cool! Sausages, schnitzel, sauerkrauts, road riding, mtn biking, camping ... :)Have a great weekend!

    By Anonymous donutman, at 4/22/2005 01:04:00 PM

     


  • Hi from the other side of the world, it sounds fun what you're gonna do. The bike riding part will be just like here. 2 days on a row an an opening of the cycle season. What a weekend it's gonna be.
    Saturday at 6.30 am CET I start cycling.

    By Blogger Jan, at 4/22/2005 02:55:00 PM

     


  • Being a native of the area, I always found it amusing when out of state guests would ask to visit Billy Bob's. In all fairness, it's the only place they've heard of here, so it took some explaining to convince them the only time we who live in DFW actually GO to Billy Bob's is to see an artist we enjoy hearing. Otherwise, there's some much better places to hang out.

    Hope you had fun on your adventure to the stockyards. :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 4/24/2005 12:25:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink