<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Quit that barking! » | Marathon Class: Day 1 » | Saturday Training & Urban Adventure » | Happy Memorial Day Weekend! » | So this is what it's like to be relaxed... » | Hill Repeats » | I'm surprised I'm not more evil... » | Get Your Ass over the Pass » | What does your birthday mean? » | Wildflower Festival Saturday Night »

Back to work...if I must

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It was a good, long weekend! I cleaned house a bit yesterday, got caught up on most of my laundry, took a good nap, and goofed around on the web. I wanted just one more day...but then after that I would want another 'just one more day'... My date from Friday night called last night. YAY! We're going out again tonight. YAY! So soon you say? Yes, well the rest of our weekly schedule dicates that unless we want to wait a whole week before going out again, we go out tonight. How exciting. He was super nice, and made me laugh a lot. Total gentleman. We'll see how it goes tonight! I also continued with my marathon training this morning. My alarm started going off at 4 AM. YES! You read right folks. During the week I get to wake up even earlier! I pushed the snooze button once, then dragged my butt out of bed at around 4:20, got dressed, gathered up my stuff and my kids (poor things) and drove off to the track to meet the running group. My kids were so tired, but I gave them the 'This is important to mommy speech' and they were so excellent and just slept in the car while I ran for an hour. I rewarded them with McDonalds for breakfast. And, we talked about them training for a 5K run too. Get them involved and it will be easier, right? I got in 5 miles in 59:32. It was an 'easy' run, so that's why my pace was slower. But, I felt really good the whole time! NIKE WOMEN'S HERE I COME!

5/31/2005 09:19:00 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Sounds to me like you are doing everything right except the fast-food restaurant part. Not that I blame you -- been there -- done that and our kids are from 49 to 35. So it doesn't hurt.

    By Blogger Abraham, at 5/31/2005 10:30:00 AM

     


  • Good run!

    I got up at 5 am to run, but thankfully I just go downstairs to the treadmill, and the kid gets to stay upstairs and sleep. My dog, however, sits in front of me the entire time. She keeps an eye on me just in case I decide to take it outdoors -- she's coming too!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 5/31/2005 12:08:00 PM

     


  • I wish I could run. I am such a sorry runner...

    I'm glad the date went well. This is the CPA right? Looking forward to hearing how tonight went.

    Take care:-)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 5/31/2005 09:40:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink