<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Dino Dash » | White Rock N Roll » | oh, and I trained too » | You were stupid not to see it coming » | Realization » | anti-speed » | Double-header basketball and a long run » | Desperado Friday Night » | sprints suck » | I'm very disappointed in you all »

My first meme

Saturday, May 07, 2005

I just figured out what the heck a meme is, and then I get tagged with one. Thanks FTS...I think! The object is to find a song on my hard drive that suits me and my personality. Well, I don't have any songs on my hard drive, but I do have a bunch on my MP3 player. So, I would have to say... I Will Survive Gloria Gaynor At first I was afraid I was petrified Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong And I grew strong And I learned how to get along and so you're back from outer space I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face I should have changed that stupid lock I should have made you leave your key If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me Go on now go walk out the door just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye Did you think I'd crumble Did you think I'd lay down and die Oh no, not I I will survive Oh as long as i know how to love I know I will stay alive I've got all my life to live I've got all my love to give and I'll survive I will survive (hey-hey) It took all the strength I had not to fall apart kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart and I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself I used to cry But now I hold my head up high and you see me somebody new I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you and so you felt like dropping in and just expect me to be free and now I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me Go on now go walk out the door just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye Did you think I'd crumble Did you think I'd lay down and die Oh no, not I I will survive Oh as long as i know how to love I know I will stay alive I've got all my life to live I've got all my love to give and I'll survive I will survive Go on now go walk out the door just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye Did you think I'd crumble Did you think I'd lay down and die Oh no, not I I will survive Oh as long as i know how to love I know I will stay alive I've got all my life to live I've got all my love to give and I'll survive I will survive and Eye of the Tiger Survivor Risin' up, back on the street Did my time, took my chances Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet Just a man and his will to survive So many times, it happens too fast You trade your passion for glory Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past You must fight just to keep them alive It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight Risin' up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger Face to face, out in the heat Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry They stack the odds, till we take to the street For the kill with the skill to survive It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight Risin' up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger Risin' up, straight to the top Had the guts, got the glory Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop Just a man and his will to survive It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight Risin' up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger The eye of the tiger The eye of the tiger The eye of the tiger Who to tag next? Hmmm. Well, definitely Culfy. Oh, and Goldiemowling. And, last but not least, my little sis. Fun fun fun!

5/07/2005 11:34:00 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Nice choices. You're like me, identifying with older songs. Or, maybe we've just listened to them enough to find a deeper meaning.

    Thanks for playing. :-)

    By Blogger FTS, at 5/07/2005 06:14:00 PM

     


  • I'm going through my 70's revival phase for no particular reason at the moment.

    I'd choose Teenage Dream by Marc Bolan and TREX, also California Dreaming by the Mama's and Papa's hits the spot;-)

    BTW we celebrate Mother's Day in March over in England and it's quite an occasion, quite rightly so.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 5/09/2005 03:19:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink