<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Happy Mother's Day » | My first meme » | Dino Dash » | White Rock N Roll » | oh, and I trained too » | You were stupid not to see it coming » | Realization » | anti-speed » | Double-header basketball and a long run » | Desperado Friday Night »

Trying not to chicken out

Monday, May 09, 2005

So I've been doing really well on my running, but I haven't been on my bike in two weeks and I haven't been in the pool in three weeks. I'm trying to psych myself up to do the Tri I promised myself I'd do. Even if I only do the sprint distance -- I had originally planned to do the International distance. Now I'm not so sure. I'm actually more worried about the distance of the swim and the fact that it's open water. I can do the bike and run no problem. Gaaa! What to do...please put pressure on me not to chicken out! I want to do it! I swear!

5/09/2005 01:18:00 PM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I know for a fact that you can do it with no problem. Is there a pool you can swim at? I bet you can get some AR's to do some open water training. I've seen your drive so I know you won't have a problem. I love to swim, but I have a gimpy shoulder and would only be able to swim in circles. hehe! I'm having surgery on the 23rd. After the Georgetown race. Gotta get one more race in before I die of boardom for about 12 weeks.

    By Blogger Tamsinor, at 5/09/2005 02:45:00 PM

     


  • Ok, don’t chicken out!! W/ your swimming background, you’ll kick lots of “aquatically-challenged” guys’ butt in the water.

    Umm... since I know the RD, I wonder whether I should volunteer for that “special job” at this race ... -:)

    By Anonymous donutman, at 5/09/2005 08:16:00 PM

     


  • Everything you've done to this point would be a waste if you backed out now.

    Onward and upward! :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 5/10/2005 09:44:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink