<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Youi might be hardcore if... » | My Favorite Martini's » | So maybe he's not all bad... » | The ABC's of me » | What happened to my legs! » | Music & Me (meme) » | Off to see Dr. Pain » | Marathon training, Week 4 » | Rock Stick Photos » | Givin' props to my girl! »

100 (plus) posts

Friday, June 24, 2005

Recently I have noticed that several people have reached 100 posts on their blog. I never realized that I hit this milestone until they made note of it on their own blogs. Evidently, there is a '100 Things' pseudo-ritual of some sort related. Well, I'm a little behind then (he he, I wish) so, I sat down and tried to think of 100 interesting things about me. I found 100 things, but I don't know how interesting they are. 100 Things about me 1) I was born November 30 2) In Houston, TX 3) I'm a Sagittarius 4) My 30th birthday was the best one ever 5) I have wonderful friends 6) They like me even though I'm a little crazy 7) My favorite ice cream is...hey, all ice cream is good 8) I love to read 9) I also knit 10) I like participating in sports 11) Watching sports on TV is mostly boring 12) I'm training for a marathon 13) Even though I bought good running shoes, I still am getting bruised toenails 14) I keep my toenails painted at all times for this reason 15) Right now my toenails are painted blue 16) I have a toe-ring that I've worn for over 10 years 17) I never take it off 18) Except when I had surgery 19) My second toe is longer than my big toe 20) My mom always used to make fun of my toes 21) She also used to make fun of my big feet 22) My feet got bigger each time I was pregnant 23) I have two children 24) My son is 10 25) My daughter is 6 26) They are the most beautiful children in the world 27) They are the most intelligent children in the world 28) Yes, I'm biased, but hey, it's my blog 29) I'm in the process of getting a divorce 30) It wasn't my idea 31) But now I'm OK with it 32) I have a degree in English 33) My concentration was in British Literature 34) I'm a business analyst 35) My job has nothing to do with my degree 36) My ears are double-pierced 37) I wear a pair of diamond studs at all times 38) I got these from my mom and dad for my 18th birthday 39) My dad is really my step-dad 40) My bio dad lives in Missouri 41) My mom is divorced from my step-dad now, too 42) I'm a good 'ol American Mutt 43) My mom's side of the family can trace back to the Mayflower 44) My bio-dad's side of the family can trace back to the Revolutionary War 45) My great, great, great-grandmother was a Cherokee Indian 46) That makes me just 1/32 American Indian 47) I've never been to an Indian Reservation 48) I love the Discovery Channel 49) And The Learning Channel 50) I hate reality shows 51) I took ballet for 12 years 52) I don't get to dance much now 53) I'd like to take ballroom dancing lessons 54) Because I secretly watch ballroom dancing competitions on PBS 55) Even though the girls wear too much makeup, have too fake tans, and cheesy costumes 56) I'm afraid of swimming in water if I can't see my feet 57) Because my uncle made me watch Jaws when I was 5 58) The same uncle gave me a sip of beer (I thought it was soda) 59) On my mom's side, I have three uncles 60) They are 6'6", 6'8" and 6'9" 61) I wanted to be 5'10" 62) I only made it to 5'8" 63) My sister is taller than me and it irks me 64) My step dad is a doctor 65) I would have gone to med school, but I don't like needles and cutting people 66) I did take Anatomy and Physiology in high school 67) We dissected a cat during one semester; it was cool 68) I was on the swim team in high school 69) I swam the butterfly and backstroke 70) I hate my nose 71) I like my eyes and my neck 72) I never liked my name 73) I've only ever broken one bone in my body 74) I fell down some stairs 75) No, I wasn't drunk 76) Then I drove my stick-shift car home; it was painful 77) I tried out for cheerleader in Jr. High 78) I never made the team 79) I played the trombone in band 80) This is probably why I didn't make cheerleader 81) My step-dad, bio-dad, first boyfriend and soon-to-be-ex all share the same first name 82) Perhaps this is a sign that I should never date anyone with that name ever again 83) I never studied in high school and I was still an A Honor student 84) I often wonder how well I could have done in school if I really would have studied 85) My 'first love' was from England 86) He was very hot, and he had an accent, which made him even hotter 87) I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 18 88) I actually liked high school 89) I went to my 10 year reunion 90) By myself, because my soon-to-be-ex wouldn't go with me 91) Sometimes I feel like I need to cry, so I'll rent 'Beaches' 92) I don't like scary movies 93) I used to work in a movie theater 94) We got to see movies for free 95) I saw 60 over movies in one year 96) Now I never go to the movies 97) I'm not allergic to anything 98) Since I started getting flu shots 4 years ago, I don't get as often 99) My kids are always sick with something, but never at the same time 100) I want to travel the world before I die

6/24/2005 05:03:00 PM :: ::
8 Comments:
  • Okay- here is what we have in common
    4
    5
    6
    10
    14
    23
    24 (daughter though)
    25
    26
    36
    41
    88

    Happy 100, you interesting chic you:-)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 6/24/2005 09:01:00 PM

     


  • I'm wondering, what is that name?

    By Blogger Eric, at 6/24/2005 09:19:00 PM

     


  • i dunno if i have reached the milestone, i wasn't aware of this major accomplishment, though with my old blog that no one has access to, im sure i have. i started this new one cuz blogspot is cooler than xanga.

    7-so true!!!!
    8
    35-im still trying to understand how this works...
    36-me too
    37-i wish
    45-my great great grandmother-cherokee, and my great great grandpa-apache...on the other side
    47-me neither
    56-DONT watch Open Water, you might go to the coast and cry wolf, hehe
    62-you are still tall!!! at 5'4' im secretly glad that my sis is shorter than me though
    72-im sure your name is beautiful, but so is interstellar lass
    81-that's slightly insane
    83-yep, and then in college, i had to learn how to study for reals
    100-definitely! that is ultimately my dream as well

    By Blogger Crystal, at 6/24/2005 09:24:00 PM

     


  • I obviously missed the 100 post milestone about 250 posts ago. Oh well.

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/24/2005 10:26:00 PM

     


  • Yeah, what's the name you don't like? Or how about this, what name would you prefer to have? :-)

    By Blogger Indigo, at 6/25/2005 09:09:00 AM

     


  • Good list. I don't think I've ever done that list.

    My second toe is longer than my big toe, too.

    Toe rings are cute. So are ankle bracelets!

    By Blogger Bone, at 6/25/2005 11:45:00 AM

     


  • Having a second toe bigger than the first toe means you are of Scotch/Irish or other Northern British Isle descent.

    Seriously, I have it and so do my kids and I'm definitely Scotch/Irish. I've looked it up before.

    By Blogger Barry, at 6/28/2005 01:05:00 PM

     


  • I was an English major in college too. I enjoyed all the reading even though having this degree (B.A.) hasn't helped me out all that much.
    Also, my 2nd toe is longer than my big toe. Hubby says I have "monkey toes."

    By Blogger UziCue, at 10/21/2005 04:00:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink