<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Hi! I'm mystery girl! » | Fortune smiles? » | The stars at night... » | Marathon training, Week 3 » | And I didn't do a darn thing today... » | Oh yes, it's ladies night... » | Marathon training, week 2 wrap-up » | What a shame, I liked him » | Momentary Melancholy » | Hot Legs »

Appointment with Dr. Pain

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

WIth all the advice to take it easy on my knee and remedies for getting over this injury, my friend and coach insisted I make a visit to her favorite doctor...Dr. Pain. She gave me his name and number, and I looked him up on my insurance, and lo and behold...he's 'In-Network'. That's good and bad. Good because he's 'covered'. Bad because I don't have an excuse not to go. So, I called yesterday and made my appointment for Monday. I'm a bit nervous. My friend says every time she goes, he makes her cry. He's an ortho/chiro of some sort, and specializes in sports injury. I never imagined that I would be so active as to actually get a sports injury, much less have the need to see a doctor about it. So, evidently you see him, he hurts you, you cry, and then a day or two later, you feel much much better. I sure hope so.

6/15/2005 09:19:00 AM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • YOu could try giving yourself a version of the same pep talk you give the kids before they get a shot. Of course, it never seems to work on them, either...

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Bluegrass Mama, at 6/15/2005 10:34:00 AM

     


  • A visit to “Dr. Pain” … soon the terms like shin splints, achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome, will appear daily in your blog ;) Welcome to the “dark side” of running :-)

    By Anonymous donutman, at 6/15/2005 12:05:00 PM

     


  • I hope Dr. Pain takes it easy on you! Sorry to hear about your injury! TTYL

    By Blogger Pieces of Me, at 6/15/2005 04:00:00 PM

     


  • And to think, you pay for that misery...

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/15/2005 08:20:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink