<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Marathon training, Week 5 » | Rockledge Park, Grapevine, TX, June Birthday Chall... » | 100 (plus) posts » | Youi might be hardcore if... » | My Favorite Martini's » | So maybe he's not all bad... » | The ABC's of me » | What happened to my legs! » | Music & Me (meme) » | Off to see Dr. Pain »

Back to Dr. Pain

Monday, June 27, 2005

Despite being able to run yesterday after my fall on Saturday, by mid-afternoon, I was limping again. I iced my knee up twice yesterday, and today, it's still a bit sore. I'm off to see Dr. Pain again this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be able to hold the tears at bay again today. My hips are hurting quite a bit as well, and I have an awesome bruise on my left quad. Update:
Dr. Pain is a masochist. I still didn't cry, but damn, it hurt! I will be sore again, possibly torturing myself with another ice bath tonight.
After relaxing most of yesterday afternoon (yes, a long nap was included in that), I took my kids bowling last night at Main Event. We played for just an hour, but each of us won a game. The kids bowled with bumpers, but not me. I mean, I stink bad enough at it that I could get away with it, but I figure that if I stink that bad, letting them bowl with the bumpers it would bring us to a level playing field. Z won the first game, I won the second game (even broke 100 -- that's how bad I stink), and L won the third game (played 4 frames before time ran out). During the second game, the lights all went off, blacklights came on, the lanes glowed, the balls glowed, the lacings on our shoes glowed, and they played a couple of disco songs while a disco ball over the lanes spun around. The kids and I danced and sang and did the YMCA. It was totally unexpected but totally fun! We were bummed when the house lights came back on. :( Blacklight bowling was a blast! Will definitely go back and do that again soon. Need to find out if they do that just randomly or if they have a time where the entire night is blacklight bowling.

6/27/2005 10:34:00 AM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • They do the blacklight bowling here, too. I didn't have blacklight growing up, so I'm all amazed by how my clothes look.

    I also noticed recently that I'm usually one of the five oldest people in the bowling alley. When did that happen?

    By Blogger Bone, at 6/27/2005 06:07:00 PM

     


  • Man, once you pass 30, it's all downhill from there...you're the oldest one around, the bartender calls you ma'am (or sir in your case), shrieking kids give you a migrane...I'm tellin' ya, go put a deposit down on the 'home' now before space fills up...

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/27/2005 09:28:00 PM

     


  • Oh, bowling! That does sound like fun. I'm glad you and the kids had a good time --- y'all deserve it. Muah! Love lots ~ me

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 6/28/2005 09:30:00 AM

     


  • Oh, bowling! Good fun. I just leave the bumpers up, part of my strategy!

    Uhm, do you actually pay Dr. Pain for his torture treatments?

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 6/29/2005 02:06:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink