<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Playing the ponies tonight » | General Update » | Appointment with Dr. Pain » | Hi! I'm mystery girl! » | Fortune smiles? » | The stars at night... » | Marathon training, Week 3 » | And I didn't do a darn thing today... » | Oh yes, it's ladies night... » | Marathon training, week 2 wrap-up »

Givin' props to my girl!

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I just got a call from my friend -- the one running the 50 mile race in Wyoming. Well, she made 20 miles before injury called her name and she took herself out of the race. There was a tree, some rocks, a collision with the tree, and rolling ankles on the rocks. Bad stuff I know...I've been there! She was so disappointed not to finish, but I told her I was still proud of her! And I am! She trained so hard and took a real leap of faith in trying this race as her first ultra-trail race. It takes guts to go for those extreme trails. Judy! You rock girlfriend! I'm SO super proud of you and in total awe of your dedication. Don't let this race get you down! You'll recover, we'll do awesome in San Francisco and then tear that town up a little. Then we'll find out next race where we'll kick some more butt! *HUGS TO YOU SWEETIE!*

6/18/2005 07:12:00 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • That is exactly why I was a downhill racer...I didn't have to crank 20 miles to hurt myself ;) I truly empathize, though.

    By Blogger Dorman, at 6/19/2005 07:28:00 AM

     


  • Aw, too bad. I'm sure she put forth great effort and sounds like it was a true race-ending injury, but the DNF will be hard to forget. There's always the next race, and at least she didn't get eaten by a bear!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 6/21/2005 02:07:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink