<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | And I didn't do a darn thing today... » | Oh yes, it's ladies night... » | Marathon training, week 2 wrap-up » | What a shame, I liked him » | Momentary Melancholy » | Hot Legs » | Rock Stick Challenge » | On very little sleep... » | Speaking of sunrises... » | Marathon training, con't... »

Marathon training, Week 3

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Yay! Today starts week 3 of marathon training. (side note...every time I type the word marathon, I seem to want to add a 'g' to the end of the word...marathong training...NOOOO! that would be BAD) Only 20 more weeks to go before Nike Women's in San Francisco! Met my group down at the Run On! store. Hadn't met my group coaches yet. Craig and Lisa are great! This will be a fun group to run with. We ran through the Uptown/Turtle Creek area of Dallas. A pretty run for sure! Lots of big houses, well-manicured lawns, fancy cars. Did OK getting down, but after the turn-around, quite a bit of the course was up-hill on the way back. I had to stop and walk for around 3 minutes about 20 minutes from the end, but that's the only walking I did. Then, on the final stretch, I knew my legs were moving me forward, but it felt like I was running in place. I just kept turning my legs over and over again, and finally I felt some forward progress. Whew! It was VERY humid, and I stink really, really bad right now. So, I'm off to take a shower.

6/12/2005 09:12:00 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • I have a very hard time imagining you as 'stinky.' :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/12/2005 01:12:00 PM

     


  • Yes, I think a marathong would be weird.

    Great job on the training! My hubby starts his training for the Milwaukee Marathon soon! It's Oct. 2nd.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 6/12/2005 10:03:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink