<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Rock Stick Photos » | Givin' props to my girl! » | Playing the ponies tonight » | General Update » | Appointment with Dr. Pain » | Hi! I'm mystery girl! » | Fortune smiles? » | The stars at night... » | Marathon training, Week 3 » | And I didn't do a darn thing today... »

Marathon training, Week 4

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Oh my gosh. These runs are only going to get worse, oh um, I mean better! Today was a long run day. Missed my alarm, so I ran in the 'hood rather than down with the Run On group. I'm sure my coaches are fed up with me already. 3 weeks and 2 no-shows. But I still ran! Anyhooo...2:14:55 and 11.2 miles. Yuck! Just barely managed to keep a 12:00 pace this morning. I couldn't feel my legs for the last 40 minutes. That part sucked. But, I finished it! I felt great for the first hour thirty or so, then I started to get a pukey feeling. Now I'm off to my mom's to do some work on her house. More sweating! I will enjoy my shower later!
Update Called on the way to mom's house, and I wasn't needed after all. Yipee! Means I get to have fun instead. So, turned back around, came home, showered (why I bothered I don't know), then went out and played sand volleyball for 3 hours. What a great time! Sand, sun, (no surf), jammin' out to some 80's music and ice cold Gatorade. Wanted a beer, but it was just too dang hot to be drinking and sweating. Even heard the song Playing With The Boys from the Top Gun volleyball scene. Yeah, the one where the oh-so-hunky Slider shows off his rockin' abs, and Iceman looks just oh-so-yummy. Sigh, oh yeah! Oops sorry, had a teenage flashback moment there. Pardon me. *blush* Anyhoo...had a fantastic time! Oh my, but sand will find it's way into some uncomfortable places! My volleyball game isn't so great, but I earned copious style points for some digs I took. Even had a very "Charlie's Angels" moment. HA!

6/19/2005 10:09:00 AM :: ::
7 Comments:
  • Lass, this has nothing to do with your blog, but I have a friend in Plano...email me: carnealian@aol.com

    By Anonymous Carol, at 6/19/2005 03:11:00 PM

     


  • Lass, this has everything to do with your blog... I have a friend in Plano, too. ;-)

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/19/2005 07:45:00 PM

     


  • I dont know anyone in Plano but I do think you rock for your time. I could never ever run that far. Ever. Not even if wild monkeys were chasing me....

    By Blogger MommaK, at 6/19/2005 08:41:00 PM

     


  • Running is for people who piss other people off. Or weren't quick enough when the ice cream truck rolled through the neighborhood :)

    Eh, humor...or a close facsimile.

    Anyway.....TAG!!!!

    By Blogger Dorman, at 6/20/2005 05:09:00 AM

     


  • Ha Ha Dorman. You're just jealous 'cause you couldn't keep up. :) Thanks for the tag!

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/20/2005 07:02:00 AM

     


  • ice cream ....did someone say ice cream? haha

    By Blogger Crystal, at 6/20/2005 09:31:00 AM

     


  • oh and lass, i don't know anyone living currently in plano, but at my current job i am calling all of the realtors in the plano area. i just thought i would add some useless information this monday morning

    By Blogger Crystal, at 6/20/2005 09:36:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink