<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Quick Update! » | Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim » | Initial details on the next big race » | Just from Plain 'Ol Texas » | Back to Dr. Pain » | Marathon training, Week 5 » | Rockledge Park, Grapevine, TX, June Birthday Chall... » | 100 (plus) posts » | Youi might be hardcore if... » | My Favorite Martini's »

Mmmm, mojitos...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The wine tasting at Il Sole was disappointing. There were four wines to taste, a pinot grigio, a chardonnay, a pinot noir and a sangiovese blend. The wines were all good, but not great. Definitely not what I expected from a wine bar touted as one of the best in Dallas. The appetizers served were also nice, but not fabulous. The AT Chicas Enjoying wine April & I toast So, after my cohorts in crime and I had tasted each of the wines and lamented the appetizers, we headed over to the Samba Room. This is where the night got interesting. Thank you Caroline, Bobbie, Kari, April & Angela for being so much fun! The Samba Room is famous for their mojitos. Mojitos are a devilish rum concoction, with mint, sugar, lime juice and soda. We had several pitchers of mojitos. Oh my. Oh dear. Yes we did. We laughed, we drank, we danced, we had a great time! Photo evidence has been censured, but what I feel I can share is below. Oh my. Oh dear... Bring in the mojitos  Cheers girls!  Angela, Kari & April  Me, Caroline & Bobbie  We love mojitos!  Random male butt  Dance, dance, dance!  I'm the dancing queen  Caroline dancing  Bobbie  She's shakin' it!  Hot mammas! 

6/30/2005 09:16:00 AM :: ::
15 Comments:
  • First congrats on the new job! Second, what the heck happened to all our pics...happened to me too! I want to see the craziness!! Third, was it your attendance at the Rangers game that sent Kenny flipping on the camera man??

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 6/30/2005 12:51:00 PM

     


  • Hmmm, mojitos, oh my, oh dear. Looks like you all had a great time! Just the censored version for us readers!?

    Congratulations on the new job!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 6/30/2005 01:57:00 PM

     


  • 1) Thanks! I'm super excited about the job! Gave notice here at work yesterday, so the clock is ticking!

    2) Hmmm. Been having issues with the images today it seems. Blogger and their new Blogger Images seem to be having problems. Other blogs I visit are also having issues related to their Blogger templates, so I'm thinking that's what it is. Hopefully they get is resolved soon.

    3) No! I swear it wasn't me! Kenny seems to be going a little crazy these days. First the water cooler, now the cameraman...

    4) Censored version is necessary...I want you all to still think I'm a mostly nice girl! Those mojitos are EVIL! :P

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/30/2005 02:19:00 PM

     


  • Just passing through, you have a great blog by the way.

    By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at 6/30/2005 02:24:00 PM

     


  • Looks like you had a wicked time, loving the arse... erm not yours.... the random mans....you know just incase you were wondering!

    Mmmm Texas, first time to America last year, went to Round Rock, Tx, I so want to go back!

    By Blogger Jilly, at 6/30/2005 03:09:00 PM

     


  • It looks like y'all had a great time!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 6/30/2005 03:37:00 PM

     


  • Oh, that looks like so much fun. A girls night is always needed. Looking at the pictures I can not wait to go out with my girls again!!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6/30/2005 03:58:00 PM

     


  • Is that sugar cane in the glasses?

    It looks like you had a fun time! Phooey on the wine tasting, go straight for the crazy tropical stuff next time!

    By Blogger Jen, at 6/30/2005 04:18:00 PM

     


  • Sounds like you had a great time out with your friends.
    Always great to capture happy times on film!

    By Blogger Ghone, at 6/30/2005 04:20:00 PM

     


  • Yes! That is sugar cane...some of the censured photos involved said sugar cane..

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/30/2005 04:20:00 PM

     


  • LOL! I had a great time just lookin at the picts! Congrats on the new J O B and the mojitos! (mojito's are always good reason to celebrate!)

    By Anonymous Laura, at 6/30/2005 04:51:00 PM

     


  • Plenty of shakin of the lower regions and looks like a merry time was had by all! Intrigued- who belongs to the random butt? or do you often taken random butt shots? ;-)
    Nice pics of hills and drinks too!

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 7/01/2005 03:11:00 AM

     


  • Ha Goldie! Have no idea who belongs to the random butt...don't often take them, but that was a theme Wednesday night. Didn't want to post them all...figured it was overkill. Plus, all the guys in that area of town are too high maintenance. They're all prettier than me, and probably spend more time in the salon than I. Nope! I was a *ahem* 'good girl' and was home by 10:30, in bed, alone *sigh*.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 7/01/2005 07:28:00 AM

     


  • Looks like a great time ( random butts included! ) Congrats on your new job.

    By Blogger poopie, at 7/01/2005 04:40:00 PM

     


  • I've always contended the conversations held in the ladies' rooms are far worse than in the men's. lol

    By Blogger FTS, at 7/02/2005 07:48:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink