<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Off to see Dr. Pain » | Marathon training, Week 4 » | Rock Stick Photos » | Givin' props to my girl! » | Playing the ponies tonight » | General Update » | Appointment with Dr. Pain » | Hi! I'm mystery girl! » | Fortune smiles? » | The stars at night... »

Music & Me (meme)

Monday, June 20, 2005

Thanks Dorman for tagging me. Before I list my responses to this meme, let me first explain something about me and music. (This isn't part of the meme, just something I felt I needed to express.) I'm sort of a music slut. I have diverse tastes, and like a little bit of everything. I don't have much of an ear, and I can't sing at all, which is a great source of sadness for me. I love to sing, and do so at loud volumes in my car. With enough liquid courage, I'll also sing Karaoke, although my friends now try to prevent me from doing this with all their power. But music does something to me. I remember people and places based on music. I remember how I felt at that time. My ears will perk up at the hint of a tune that sends little bits of electricity straight through me. I love music that makes me want to get up and dance. I love music that makes me feel beautiful and sexy. I love music that makes me feel like kickin' ass and takin' names. I love music that makes me feel energetic, alive and powerful. I will sit and listen to a song and cry tears of joy at it's beauty. I will go to the symphony and close my eyes and sit in pure rapture. So, while I can't sing, write, play or otherwise manipulate music, it touches me somewhere inside, gives me goosebumps and opens my mind, heart and soul. So, without further ado: Total volume of music files on my computer: 268 MB. I have only ripped the CDs/songs I want to load on my MP3 player to listen to while I run though. This is in no way a reflection on the amount of music I appreciate. The last CD I bought was: Nine Inch Nails:: With Teeth Judas Priest:: Angel of Retribution Last aquired: Same as above. I'm still archaic and actually pay for my music. Song playing right now: Norah Jones:: Turn Me On, Album: Come Away With Me Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me: Maroon 5:: Secret Dido:: Hunter Gloria Gaynor:: I Will Survive AC/DC:: You Shook Me All Night Long Ozzy Osbourne:: Crazy Train Five people to whom I'm passing the baton: MommaK Indigo AbbyNormal Culfy VitaminSea

6/20/2005 03:13:00 PM :: ::
13 Comments:
  • Great list..I can definitely dig the Judas Priest one..my husband just bought the new NIN and it scares me..haha..seriously it's like some background music for serial killers or something...well that's what I TOLD him anyway! haha.

    By Anonymous Sandy, at 6/20/2005 03:19:00 PM

     


  • I will take the tag and put it on my blog: http://outsidemyhead.blogspot.com

    I think it's fitting actually, since I'm tossing around what MP3 player to buy with my bday money. AND I'm running a 5K on Wednesday night, so I'm working on my music lineup for that right now too. :-)

    What kind of MP3 player do you have?

    By Blogger Indigo, at 6/20/2005 03:52:00 PM

     


  • I actually just did this one a few weeks ago. Here is the link:

    http://petroville.blogspot.com/2005/05/settling-me-debts.html

    By Blogger MommaK, at 6/20/2005 04:09:00 PM

     


  • "music slut", yes, that about says it for me too! I will meme away!

    That took courage to go see Dr. Pain!

    By Anonymous AbbyNormal, at 6/20/2005 04:23:00 PM

     


  • haha ... i'm a music slut too ... i guess it runs in the family. luv ya! hope all is well ~ me

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 6/20/2005 04:53:00 PM

     


  • Britt, I promise I won't tell mom, OK? ;)

    Indigo, I have one of these. I might be a music slut, but I'm not a technology whore, so if the price is right and the functionality is good, I'm there. :) I've been very pleased with both the ripping software that comes with it, and the battery life/sound quality that comes out of this little puppy.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/20/2005 05:05:00 PM

     


  • Hello from a fellow music slut! ;) I'll listen to just about anything at least once. LOL

    Just came through from BlogExplosion, so I thought I'd say howdy. * waves *

    By Anonymous Michelle, at 6/20/2005 05:38:00 PM

     


  • hi from canada
    your blog is very interesting.

    By Blogger Benoit Lapierre, at 6/20/2005 05:45:00 PM

     


  • I'll post mine soon! my listening taste is wide and varied. my hub is gonna be horrified. He only listens to country. ;)

    By Anonymous Laura, at 6/20/2005 07:08:00 PM

     


  • That's about as diversified as my taste in music. :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/20/2005 07:55:00 PM

     


  • Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. We are actually quite alike. I love music, but do not have an ear and can´t carry a tune if my life´d depend on it.
    That doe snot mean we can´t appreciate music on another level.
    In order to improve though I took piano lessons and I have to admit that my ear is getting some training...anything for music.
    My most played Cds are Silence Four (a Portugese Group), Savage Garden, Avril Lavigne (I don´t know why!)and the CD from the movie "Oh Brother where art thou".
    In between I enjoy Vivaldi, especially The Four Seasons.

    By Blogger Minka, at 6/20/2005 08:14:00 PM

     


  • Nice blog! Will be back!

    By Blogger Leslie, at 6/20/2005 09:18:00 PM

     


  • I can dance away to Britney in a club or chill out to some Nina Simone and Nora jones. I'm a disco chick at heart but love soulful, folky music too such as Damien Rice's O and James Blunt who is new on the scene and has quite a high pitched sensitive voice.
    I like Monika's choice too, loved Oh Brother soundtrack.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 6/21/2005 02:36:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink