<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | So maybe he's not all bad... » | The ABC's of me » | What happened to my legs! » | Music & Me (meme) » | Off to see Dr. Pain » | Marathon training, Week 4 » | Rock Stick Photos » | Givin' props to my girl! » | Playing the ponies tonight » | General Update »

My Favorite Martini's

Thursday, June 23, 2005

For the benefit of Indigo, who has never had the extreme pleasure of drinking a martini, I will provide a list of my favorite martini recipes. Sure, sure, for you purists out there, I will start with the Gin Martini. But, I love the flavorful, mixed concoctions served in a martini glass. Gin Martini Dry Vermouth 2 oz gin, chilled Pour a little bit of dry vermouth in a chilled martini glass and swirl to coat the inside of the glass. Dispose of excess vermouth. In a shaker full of ice, gently swirl or stir* the gin before straining into glass. Serving suggestion: Garnish with olives, lemon twist or cocktail onion and add rocks if you like. *I don't care how James Bond does it...gin will bruise. Shaking gin in the ice causes the ice to melt faster and quickly dilutes the flavor of the gin, causing it to taste like rubbing alcohol. Lemon Drop Martini 1.5 oz Absolut Citron 1.5 oz Limoncello 2 oz sweet and sour 1.5 oz fresh lemon juice 1 tsp sugar Fill a shaker with ice, and add the ingredients above. Place the shaker cap over the shaker, and shake vigorously until the shaker becomes too cold to hold. Remove the shaker cap and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon rind twist. Sidecar Martini 2 oz Chivas Regal 1.5 oz fresh lemon juice 1 oz Limoncello Fill a shaker with ice, and add the ingredients above. Place the shaker cap over the shaker, and shake vigorously until the shaker becomes too cold to hold. Remove the shaker cap and strain into a chilled, sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a lemon rind twist. Big Easy Martini 1.5 oz Southern Comfort .5 oz Raspberry-Flavored Liqueur 1 oz Sweet and Sour Mix 1 oz Lemon-Lime Soda Fill a shaker with ice, and add the ingredients above. Place the shaker cap over the shaker, and shake vigorously until the shaker becomes too cold to hold. Remove the shaker cap and strain into a chilled, sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a lime rind twist. Key Lime Martini 2 oz. Absolut Vanilla Vodka 1 oz. Rose's Lime Juice 1 oz. Half and Half Cream Fill a shaker with ice, and add the ingredients above. Place the shaker cap over the shaker, and shake vigorously until the shaker becomes too cold to hold. Remove the shaker cap and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime rind twist. Cosmopolitan Martini .5 oz Cointreau orange liqueur 1 oz Absolut vodka juice of 1/2 limes 1 splash cranberry juice Fill a shaker with ice, and add the ingredients above. Place the shaker cap over the shaker, and shake vigorously until the shaker becomes too cold to hold. Remove the shaker cap and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime rind twist. The best way to enjoy these fine beverages are in your sassiest heels, with lots of friends, possibly a poker game, some music, a little dancing, and perhaps a little impromptu karaoke. Anytime is a good time for a martini!

6/23/2005 11:45:00 AM :: ::
15 Comments:
  • I admit that I'm a martini virgin too. Maybe it's time. I'm leaning towards the sidecar.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 6/23/2005 02:09:00 PM

     


  • Once I had a wedding cake martini at Arcadora Palmadoro (sp?). It tasted JUST LIKE wedding cake, it was great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 02:27:00 PM

     


  • (that was me) - Jenny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 02:27:00 PM

     


  • OH yum!

    By Blogger Bumbling Bav, at 6/23/2005 03:25:00 PM

     


  • Now I'm craving a martini. Dammit! :D

    melantha
    http://melantha.kallure.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 03:41:00 PM

     


  • Ooh, key lime martini! Interesting! I'll have to try one of those. My fave is still the apple martini, although I cannot make one to save my life. They are quite delish, though!

    By Blogger TrueJerseyGirl, at 6/23/2005 03:58:00 PM

     


  • Cosmopolitan version for me barkeep..sounds like a great escape from beer!

    By Blogger poopie, at 6/23/2005 04:11:00 PM

     


  • If only I could drink...By the way, your little photo is really cute. Why do some men throw away lovely ladies? I don't understand this world.

    By Blogger Ruben, at 6/23/2005 04:25:00 PM

     


  • Thanks for the comment. I thought I would run out of things to write also but they just kept flowing. Maybe because my life is such a mess :-)

    By Blogger Ruben, at 6/23/2005 05:03:00 PM

     


  • I'm printing this out. Thanks!!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 6/23/2005 07:09:00 PM

     


  • Oh a Cosmo all the way!

    By Blogger Beanhead, at 6/23/2005 09:49:00 PM

     


  • Oh dear God.... you posted all of this for moi? :-) I guess I know what Hubby & I will be drinking this weekend. Question, how much is a martini at a bar? I heard that they can run up to $15 a glass, is that true?

    thanks for the recipies!!!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 6/23/2005 09:57:00 PM

     


  • I've only had a few martini's
    shaken and stirred of course ;-)

    I'm more of a little ole wine drinker me oh and Bacardi on the side!

    If it works for you then there's nothing else for it but to get some martini heels and play poker! any excuse to buy shoes eh!

    Second thoughts us girls don't need an excuse ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 6/24/2005 04:23:00 AM

     


  • I once had a client that swore by chocolate martinis. Never tried one, but it sounds interesting.

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/24/2005 07:47:00 AM

     


  • FTS...Never tried a chocolate martini. I've heard they're good though.

    Indigo...I think I've paid up to $8 for a martini (yikes!) but I'm sure, depending on the quality of liquor used, that the price could go up. And, of course, you pay a premium for 'location'. That's why I go to dive bars...

    Goldie...too right! no excuse needed to buy shoes!

    Cosmo fans...yep, I love my cosmos. But, those Lemon Drops...my new favorite. Tastes just like summertime! Refreshing!

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/24/2005 09:49:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink