<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Marathon training, week 2 wrap-up » | What a shame, I liked him » | Momentary Melancholy » | Hot Legs » | Rock Stick Challenge » | On very little sleep... » | Speaking of sunrises... » | Marathon training, con't... » | My sister is moving...update » | Date Update »

Oh yes, it's ladies night...

Friday, June 10, 2005

Oh yes, it's ladies night And the feeling's right Oh yes, it's ladies night Oh what a night (oh what a night) Oh yes, it's ladies night And the feeling's right Oh yes, it's ladies night Oh what a night (Oh what a night) Kool & The Gang WooHoo! It's Poker Night at the Interstellar Casa. My friends and I will get our drink on, groove to some tunes and play some cards. Our game of choice has been Texas Hold 'Em, but I think tonight we'll play dealer's choice. I know 5-card Draw and 7-card Stud, plus some game my ex-f-i-law calls 'Mexican Sweat' (no disrespect to Hispanics there). If you know of any good poker games and can either give me the name to Google, or quickly explain the rules, please leave a comment. After work yesterday I picked up the kiddos, went home, changed into our swimsuits, and went to meet up with my friend and her family at their country club. I mean, they don't own the country club, they just belong to it. Sat poolside, drank some Shiner, split a burger with my friend and checked every few minutes to make sure I still had kids above water. Tried to even out my tan a bit, but my bike/running short tan line is well pronounced. This is going to take more work. 'Tanning' is such a waste of time. Unless, of course, you have a beer to consume. Then it's hard work. Went home, cleaned house, put the kids to bed, and then, delirious myself from being up since 4:50 am, finally zonked out. Finished up this morning. About the only thing I didn't do is mow the yard. Sorry girls, you'll have to put on your gaiters and wade through the grasslands. Ran out of gas for the lawn mower and didn't make it a priority to remember to get anymore. At least the toilets are clean...

6/10/2005 09:05:00 AM :: ::
12 Comments:
  • I see now that you've shown us you can beat us at Hold'em you want to show us another game you can win at! ;) Bring it on! Oh and by the way - Tequila Rose shots are on me tonight! ;)

    Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/10/2005 09:42:00 AM

     


  • I don't play poker very well, so I'm thinking I would lose the shirt off my back in this group of women. Maybe I can apply for a job as the waiter and watch ;-)

    By Blogger FTS, at 6/10/2005 10:13:00 AM

     


  • Enjoy your poker night!

    Tonight is my Corkscrewin' Gals night ... aka Women's Wine Club.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 6/10/2005 10:21:00 AM

     


  • Texas Hold'em is my favorite game too!! I wanna come......waaaaa!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 6/10/2005 12:19:00 PM

     


  • That sounds like fun! I guess I can clean my toilets and pretend like I'm in on the action... Hee hee.

    By Blogger Jen, at 6/10/2005 04:40:00 PM

     


  • Did I read that right? FTS just suggested he would strip? ;)

    By Anonymous Laura, at 6/10/2005 04:53:00 PM

     


  • I like Texas Hold' Em, too. We play something called Follow The Queen once in awhile. Probably too late for tonight, but maybe next time. And 6th Street Omaha is really fun! Somewhat similar to Hold 'Em :-)

    By Blogger Bone, at 6/10/2005 10:55:00 PM

     


  • Er, beggar my neighbour anyone?

    By Blogger culfy, at 6/11/2005 03:29:00 AM

     


  • I looooove poker. We have a poker night here every once in a while, its always good times. But most of the games are waaaaay too confusing to explain in a comment! We don't play anything "normal"! Have fun!!!

    By Blogger TrueJerseyGirl, at 6/11/2005 09:56:00 AM

     


  • Found you through "True Jersey Girl." Given your tastes in music, I invite you to sample some of my novel's pages, it takes place in a time your might enjoy.

    By Blogger W. S. Cross, at 6/11/2005 10:08:00 AM

     


  • Uh, I stink at poker, lose most hands. So if anyone would like someone to sit in to make them feel like a better player, or someone garaunteed to lose strip poker everytime.......

    By Blogger Dorman, at 6/11/2005 03:45:00 PM

     


  • Tequila Rose was delish! Had a great time with the girls last night! And Steph/Christy...thanks for that 'test-drive'...about the only action we'll see there for quite awhile. ;)

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 6/11/2005 10:18:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink