<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Initial details on the next big race » | Just from Plain 'Ol Texas » | Back to Dr. Pain » | Marathon training, Week 5 » | Rockledge Park, Grapevine, TX, June Birthday Chall... » | 100 (plus) posts » | Youi might be hardcore if... » | My Favorite Martini's » | So maybe he's not all bad... » | The ABC's of me »

Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Yeah, if that's not a dumb name for a ballclub, I don't know what is. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Rediculous. Anyhoo! Last night I went to the Ranger game at Ameriquest Field. Well, that's the name of the place, but to me, it will always be The Ballpark in Arlington like it was when it opened in 1994. Yeah, Hicks sold out to corporate interests just like every other ballclub. Approach to the Ballpark Approach to the Ballpark Ameriquest Field Ameriquest Field from the outside We were guests at a suite in the outfield. One of the new AT members, Colby, works for a company that actually offices in the Ballpark! How cool is that! Lobby Entrance to Suite Lobby Entrance to Suite AT members Melissa and Matt AT members Melissa and Matt View of the field from the suite balcony View of the field from the suite balcony Kids park Kid's fun park Slingshot game Slingshot game Jumbotron Jumbotron Ameriquest Field Ameriquest Field Picnic tables Picnic Tables Ranger's bullpen Ranger's bullpen Angels lineup Angels lineup National Anthem National Anthem Texas Rangers Texas Rangers! Play ball! Play ball! I want a Ranger tattoo! I want a Ranger tattoo! Ameriquest bell rung at every home run The Ameriquest bell. They ring it after every homerun. Team Pennants Team Pennants and retired Rangers' pennants Flags Ballpark Flags Ballgame on Ballgame on! Later in the game Later in the game Hi everyone! Hey everybody! Kids park stayed busy all night Kids park stayed busy all night. I left at around 9:45 pm, while it was still tied 1-1 in the 10th inning. I had quite a drive home! This morning on the news they said the Rangers lost 5-1 in extra innings. One of the Angels hit a grand-slam. Bummer. But, it was still a fun game to watch, and I had a great time talking with Melissa, Matt, Travis, Jennifer, Colby and Amy. Fun times! Tonight it's off to Il Sole with some of the AT chicas for a wine tasting. It's in the swanky Uptown area of Dallas, so I have to say I'm looking pretty cute and ready to have some more fun tonight! Stay tuned!

6/29/2005 09:51:00 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I love the Rangers --- though they always break my heart in the mid to latter months of the season. Glad you had fun.

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 6/29/2005 12:48:00 PM

     


  • Wow, thanks for the pictorial tour! As someone who doesn't get out much in the evenings, I feel like I was there! No tattoo, though. Darn.

    Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? What the...?

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 6/29/2005 02:02:00 PM

     


  • Wow, girl - you sure know how to have a good time! I'm not into baseball *gasp* but I am a very big fan of wine and tasting it ;-) Have fun for me!!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 6/29/2005 05:10:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink