<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Still WOW'd » | Mineral Wells Adventure Race Report » | Marathon Pace Run » | So much is going on! » | I'm Home! » | Mineral Wells Adventure Race » | The 'WOW' factor » | And ya'll think I'm crazy! » | Stealth Paddling » | I woke up in a crappy mood this morning... »

BodPod

Thursday, July 21, 2005

As promised, I put my pride and ego aside and went and had my body fat measured by the BodPod. In my shorts and jog bra, hair up in a surgical cap and then covered in another cap, I sat in a pod module that can best be described as Mork's egg-vehicle-thingy. Well, first I had to stand on a scale, and the guy entered my height into the computer. Then I sat in the egg-mobile. I couldn't hear anything outside the egg-mobile, and my friends sat and stared an giggled at me. Inside the egg-mobile, a loud electric buzzing sound erupted all around me. 'Sit very still, breathe normally.' the instructions read. Then the machine shuddered and started again. Oh my! What was that noise! The electric buzzing sound resumed. Then the guy opened the hatch and said 'Just 45 more seconds.'. Oh jeez. Any minute now I was going to blast off for outerspace. Finally the buzzing sound stopped, the guy opened the hatch and gave me permission to don the rest of my clothing. 'The results will print off there in just a minute.' he said as the left the room. So, I put my shirt, socks and shoes back on and my friends and I sat bemoaning the impending results. The printer spat out a piece of paper with my numbers. *cue the noise of doom* Weight was down from last Thursday. That's good. Well, it's not the 'official' scale, but it's down nonetheless. (Since I have the backup official scale, I know that I'm down more than the BodPod scale indicated. YAY!) It gave my lean weight, my fat weight, total weight, my percentage fat and my percentage lean. The good news is my percentage fat isn't as high as I feared it would be. The bad news is, it's higher than the range I should be in to be considered 'healthy'. The better news is, I think that in the next 3 months with some decent weight traning and good eating habits, I can get the percentage into the 'healthier' range. 3-4% per month is attainable! On the eating habit front, I'm doing much better. Since Monday I've managed a good breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner routine. And yet I'm constantly hungry! But I'm told this is a good thing...it means my metabolism churning along. I'm now officially in love with my imported Swiss granola mixed in with fat-free Yoplait yogurt (varying flavors). I'm getting in more dairy and fruit even. All good things!

7/21/2005 08:39:00 PM :: ::
9 Comments:
  • I am on huge fruit kick right now. I love all fruit. Mmmm!! Yogurt, yuck! Keep up the good work!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7/22/2005 08:40:00 AM

     


  • You are a braver woman than I could ever hope to be. I don't even want to know what the BodPod would say about me. I'm already feeling tremendously guilty that I haven't been to the gym as regularly as usual due to a schedule change at work. I should be back on track by Monday. I feel disgusting too. I think a nice big roll of duct tape would cure my eating habits!!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 7/22/2005 08:52:00 AM

     


  • I'm so proud of you --- from the adventure race to the WOW factor to the BodPod. You are really starting to take control of your life and enjoy it too. Let's hope I can start doing that too this semester.

    And yes, fruit is very good. I'm a big fan of fruit.

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 7/22/2005 09:06:00 AM

     


  • The idea of knowing what my body fat is makes me feel sick.

    By Blogger Michele, at 7/22/2005 09:08:00 AM

     


  • Congrats on the weight loss, Lass.

    Funny you mentioned Mork. I was just thinking about that show yesterday when I read that it was Robin Williams' bday.

    By Blogger Bone, at 7/22/2005 11:07:00 AM

     


  • yum yum

    By Blogger Van!, at 7/22/2005 01:29:00 PM

     


  • Good for you! I did one of these 2 years ago at a fitness convention. I was thrilled with my results. The guys told me that if I lost anymore body fat, I'd begin to lose the muscle in my brain (or something like that). I wanted to kiss him! Of course - that was 2 years ago and I am no where near the kind of crazy shape I was in then. I was living in San Francisco then - where everyone worked out all the time. It was just the life style. Out here in the woods you run from the wildlife but that's about it;-)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 7/22/2005 02:04:00 PM

     


  • Yeah, I'll pass on the Bod-Pod.
    Good for you, though!

    By Blogger annie, at 7/22/2005 03:19:00 PM

     


  • Try the Mixed Berry Parfait at Corner Bakery. Nonfat vanilla yogurt, fresh starwberries & blueberries, and swiss granola on top and bottom. 330 calories and filling! :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 7/22/2005 03:30:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink