<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | The 'WOW' factor » | And ya'll think I'm crazy! » | Stealth Paddling » | I woke up in a crappy mood this morning... » | Poker Night: Redux: Pics » | Marathon training, week 7 » | Poker Night: Redux » | That's twice now in as many days » | Poopie got me thinking... » | Please »

Mineral Wells Adventure Race

Friday, July 15, 2005

Last night I ran my first 'double' workout. Yes, ran in the AM and the PM. Another WOW. :) My friends and I are doing a weight-loss/body-fat loss competition. Two different 'pots'. Oh, yeah, there's money riding on this! I did the weigh-in last night (aaack!) and next week I have to go to this place where they put me in a pod, zap me with some electrodes, and then I get my body-fat measurement (another aaack to be sure). Oh, and I have to pay them to do that. So, after we weighed in, we ran. Well, some of the girls walked. Then they turned back. Then we ran. Got in 2.75 miles total running. Forgot my watch though so I have no idea how long it took. Today is a busy day! Gotta pack and get ready for my Mineral Wells race. I'm super excited! It might actually rain all weekend! That'll help for keeping cooler. But, not so good since I'm supposed to sleep in a tent. I might be knocking on Jerry's door begging to sleep on the floor in his hotel room. Wish me luck folks. This is gonna be a toughie. If you're up on Saturday night/Sunday morning around 2 am CDT, think of me and hope I've managed to roll in, all in one piece, by then.

7/15/2005 08:23:00 AM :: ::
9 Comments:
  • Good Luck!!! How exciting for you.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7/15/2005 08:54:00 AM

     


  • Good luck tomorrow!

    Hubby used to do the AM/PM double run when he trained for his marathon. He swore by it. I've never double run, but I have run in the AM, lifted weights in the PM.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 7/15/2005 10:55:00 AM

     


  • I like doing double runs, but I'm weird that way.

    Put in a pod and zapped with electrodes? Gosh, we've come a long way from calipers! Have fun tomorrow!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 7/15/2005 10:58:00 AM

     


  • You're a busy woman! Good luck for tomorrow!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 7/15/2005 01:48:00 PM

     


  • what happened to, and i quote, "no one should go on a diet" ???!!!

    By Blogger Crystal, at 7/15/2005 01:50:00 PM

     


  • Crys...no one should go on a diet. I didn't call it that. It's a weight-loss/body-fat loss competition, and I will NOT diet. I WILL change my how and what I eat and how I exercise. To me 'diets' are gimmicks, not changes in lifestyle.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 7/15/2005 03:36:00 PM

     


  • Good luck this weekend! And with the weight-loss/body-fat competition! Yea, I don't much like to diet either --- though I hear it can be helpful, at least the ones that just help you with the how and what and how much you eat, etc.

    Anywhos, see ya when you get back into town.

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 7/15/2005 07:23:00 PM

     


  • yeah yeah, sounds like a longer way to say the awful word. unless you plan on doing your program for the rest of eternity, good luck on the d#$t.

    By Blogger Crystal, at 7/17/2005 07:28:00 PM

     


  • on the hill country runners site, there is a run in bandera, texas!!!! that's me!!! you should do it!

    By Blogger Crystal, at 7/17/2005 07:30:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink