<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Holy WOW » | Too Hot to Handle 15K » | One of these days... » | BodPod » | Still WOW'd » | Mineral Wells Adventure Race Report » | Marathon Pace Run » | So much is going on! » | I'm Home! » | Mineral Wells Adventure Race »

Mineral Wells Photos

Monday, July 25, 2005

So I finally got the Mineral Wells photos back, and I am devestated. All of the waterproof disposable photos turned out fuzzy. I had some digitals, so it's not a total loss, but none of the cool race-course photos are any good. I included a couple anway, but I am bummed. Rainbow! Positive signs! Followed by a beautiful sunset More Sunset Yep, sun's still setting Got my tent set up and ready for sleepy-time We had a great fajita dinner, then a giggle at the E-Z-Mart Getting the TA ready pre-race. That's my gear box, chair, hydration system, GU, crappy camera that didn't take good race pictures... That's my spot in the canoe and my bike Jerry and Jeff both getting ready I'm ready to go! Once the race started, Jeff and Darin had to plot the points Still prepping, or is that primping? My first rappel! And then we got to climb back up. There were lots of rocks. Boy was I tired when it was over. On the way home, the moon rose while the sky was still blue. That's the Weatherford courthouse.

7/25/2005 12:26:00 PM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • That looks like so much fun! Nice bikes.

    What brand and style of personal hydration system do you use?

    By Blogger Bone, at 7/25/2005 01:35:00 PM

     


  • I bought one of these from Target. Not fancy, but has completely served my purposes thus far. Although I do not like the bladder that came with it. I didn't like the bite valve, and the first time I took it apart to clean it...well, it leaked every time after. I bought another bladder, and I can actually fit two bladders in the pack, plus other gear. And I like it because it has both a waist and a chest strap, all adjustable.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 7/25/2005 01:55:00 PM

     


  • Wow, it looks like you had a lot of fun! I love the pics of your legs. LOL! Not the first pic of your legs.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 7/25/2005 07:01:00 PM

     


  • wow, sounds like a LOT of fun!!!
    if you want to send me the fuzzy picts, or the ones that need more color, I'll see what I can do. I've got some photo editing software that might help.

    By Anonymous Laura, at 7/25/2005 07:12:00 PM

     


  • I like the pics that you said are blurry. It has a kinda cool effect. Some people would pay lots of money for a filter that would do that. I know it's not what you wanted but I like 'em. Looks like it was tons of fun too!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 7/26/2005 06:35:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink