<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Marathon training, week 7 » | Poker Night: Redux » | That's twice now in as many days » | Poopie got me thinking... » | Please » | Wild West Relay » | Yes, I'm still training » | The "Stay Cool" Fourth of July party » | Sunday's Ride at Arbor Hills » | Happy 4th of July »

Poker Night: Redux: Pics

Monday, July 11, 2005

So, Friday night was poker night. My friend Steph hosted for the evening. She has a gorgeous house, and is an excellent hostess. I wish I was as 'Martha Stewart' as she is...except without the jail time. Oh, that makes it sound like Steph's been to jail too...but she hasn't, just Martha. A little sidenote fact about Steph...she is an excellent gardener. She has a cute little greenhouse in her backyard, and a lovely gazebo. See all the pretty flowers?! Felicia, Amy, Me, Kim, Christy, Stephanie & Ramona My friend Christy! She keeps me honest... And Amy, well, I hope to be able to drink as well as she does one of these days! (I LOVE YOU AMY!) (OK, Amy's not really a lush. I just didn't manage to get a good picture of her. Amy is super-smart, funny, witty, charming, lovely and SINGLE!) Steph surprised us with the mixin's for Lemon Drop Martini's. They're addicitve So she made me a martini... Or, well, half of one at least... ;) Cheers! Now, this is a martini...the glass must be full...if you're one of those 'glass half-full kind of people...well, when it comes to martini's, that's too bad for you. :) And, because we're girls...we do better than beer and peanuts. Yep, we have brie, and grapes and crackers. We also had homemade guacamole which was fantastic, and lots of other kinds of cheese too. Like I said...Steph's Miss Martha Stewart! Very impressive! Oh, and because we're girls...we hide our poker money under the toaster. Whew...the night was over. I didn't win, but it's about having a good time! My jacks just didn't hold up. :( Next time...I'll get 'em next time.

7/11/2005 10:39:00 AM :: ::
12 Comments:
  • wha wha what? My poker group doesnt have lemon drop martinis. Thats crap. Of course, if I should ever suggest that I would probably be kicked out of the group...and they play at my house.

    Liked the read...good luck with those jacks next time.

    CK

    By Blogger curious_karmadog, at 7/11/2005 11:18:00 AM

     


  • You're quite photogenic ;-)

    By Blogger Bone, at 7/11/2005 01:48:00 PM

     


  • Great group....Amy sounds very clever.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 7/11/2005 01:59:00 PM

     


  • We should all be so lucky to have a Martha-Stewart-except-not-in-jail friend!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 7/11/2005 04:38:00 PM

     


  • Did you ever try brie baked in puff pastry?...for the love! It's quite good.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 7/11/2005 08:59:00 PM

     


  • I love girls' night out! I'd even try a martini for one (I have never drunk one in my life).

    By Blogger Bluegrass Mama, at 7/11/2005 09:10:00 PM

     


  • Still yet to have one of those fabulous looking martini's, but am enjoying alot of brie and red wine at the moment! (uurrggh not mixed of course ;-)

    Help! I'm starting to sound like Fanny Craddock!
    Poker looks fun must try and get my pals to have a game.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 7/12/2005 03:21:00 AM

     


  • PS; Your Jacks didn't hold up! oh no!

    as long as you don't need jacking up after too many martini's ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 7/12/2005 03:33:00 AM

     


  • karmadog: sounds like you're hanging out with the wrong poker group.

    Bone: thanks *blush*

    Jean-Luc: They are a great group! Amy's very clever, and so are all my other friends too!

    Abby: Yep, lucky indeed.

    Carnelian: YES! That is yummy!

    Bluegrass: We have girl's night at least once a month, if not more often. :) It's absolutely necessary.

    Goldie: Fanny Craddock? Poker is a blast, but it's the group that makes the game and the evening. Nope...no jacking up necessary. No such thing as too many martini's tho. ;)

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 7/12/2005 06:38:00 AM

     


  • It looks like such a good time! Man I have got to get to one of those!!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 7/12/2005 11:17:00 AM

     


  • That looks like fun. Don't use the toaster, though; I can just see the money catch on fire!

    By Blogger annie, at 7/12/2005 07:48:00 PM

     


  • I'm SO jealous!

    I've been trying to start a poker group down here for quite some time.

    It looks like y'all had a blast. YAY for girl's night out!

    By Blogger Agent 99, at 7/13/2005 08:54:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink