<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Mission Trip, Finale » | Mission Trip, Part II » | The alarm went off at 4:15 a.m. » | Mission Trip » | I need a nap *yawn* » | Would you like to play a game?* » | The Last Hill Workout » | That's twice! » | Welcome Home Soldiers » | Track Run »

36 legs, 195 miles...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Update: 3:10 pm CST
Believe it or not, we are still at DFW airport. The diagnosing computer wasn't working correctly, so what the problem it said it was wasn't really the problem, and the plane still couldn't get off the ground. Hopefully American can now get us where we're going. I arrived at the airport at 8:15 am, and I am ready to be breathing in that Rocky Mountain air. I'm not a big fan of flying, and I'm really not feeling so hot about it after the issues we've had today. If this plane doesn't get off the ground, we might not make this race. Too late to drive now and get there in time to make the start. My friends and I are all taking it in stride, and we're all still laughing through the frustration.
The group waiting to board. The plane that wouldn't go. The group waiting to run. On our way to the next terminal on the new SkyLink. Update: 12:58 pm CST
Still at DFW airport. We're supposed to leave at 2 pm now. They had to fly a part in from Chicago. I had a beer and some Southwest Egg Rolls in the Chili's Too here at the airport. Tasty! I'm ready to go and run! Cross fingers that this part fixes the issue...otherwise we're renting vans and driving. Not too many flight options open for a group of 14. :(
Update: 10:52 am CST
I'm supposed to be in Colorado by now. But I'm still in Dallas. Issue with the plane. I'm glad they decided to try to fix it before we took off. Don't know when we'll get there. *Sigh* Anybody know any good airport games?
OK folks. This is it! United is taking me from DFW to Denver, where we'll then pick up a couple of 15 passenger vans, do a little last-minute shopping, and then head on up to Fort Collins, CO for the start of the Wild West Relay. The Dallas Hill Wranglers are running in the Flatlanders Division. The course will take us from Fort Collins, up through Roosevelt National Forest, across the Laramie Mountains, into Wymoming (briefly), then back to Colorado, over the Continental Divide and across Medicine Bow Mountains, above the Arapahoe National Wildlife Refuge, across the Rabbit Ears Range in the Routt National Forest, and on into Steamboat Springs. I'm running legs 12, 24 & 36. Leg 12 looks to be in the Roosevelt National Forest. Leg 24 is going to be in the middle of the night, somewhere around 2-ish in the morning. I'm excited about this. Even though this one has the most up-and-down as far as hills mountains go. And, 36 is the home-stretch. Yes! I've been practicing my victory dance! My teammates will run out to meet me about 100 yards from the finish, and we'll all run in together. I'll try to blog an update or two if I can, but I'm not sure what my internet access level is going to be. If all else fails, I'm going to attempt an audio blog. Please note I hate the sound of my recorded voice. Just for you special people would I do this. Wish me luck!

8/17/2005 01:09:00 PM :: ::
14 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink