<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Mission Trip » | I need a nap *yawn* » | Would you like to play a game?* » | The Last Hill Workout » | That's twice! » | Welcome Home Soldiers » | Track Run » | Two important events! » | Humidity sucks!!! Big time... » | Well that was a bust... »

The alarm went off at 4:15 a.m.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I was hoping the storms last night would have knocked out our power again so I could sleep in, but no such luck. So, I rose, dressed and ran. 4 miles, 46:04. 11:30 avg pace. If I can manage it tomorrow, I'll do a short run, but this may likely have been my last run before I leave for Colorado Thursday morning. I'm getting nervous... And as a side note: I think I've mentioned my handy-dandy running log. I record the time and distance of all of my runs, as well as which shoes I wore, and the date I bought each pair of shoes. The log then calculates pace, and gives me two estimates for a marathon finish. The four miles this morning has me up to 250 miles in my Brooks since April 13. I think I will retire this pair after Colorado this weekend. That doesn't include miles in my Asics or my Trail Shoes. Wow. That's a lot of miles. :D

8/16/2005 08:16:00 AM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • wow! you are doing so well. i want to start running. just gotta make time.

    good luck in colorado!

    By Blogger Crystal, at 8/16/2005 11:18:00 AM

     


  • Relax, you'll do fine in Colorado with all of your preparation. I'm hoping that our cool weather holds out for you! (but don't count on it!). Elevation? What elevation?

    By Anonymous AbbyNormal, at 8/16/2005 01:59:00 PM

     


  • That's a lot of miles!! Will you be posting while in Colorado??? I'm dying to know how you do.

    My mileage since April 2004 is 617.89 miles. I wish it were higher, but I had a goofy injury Dec.-March.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 8/16/2005 09:49:00 PM

     


  • A sincere good luck is sent your way! YOU WILL DO IT!

    I admire you.

    By Blogger mattandriver, at 8/16/2005 10:03:00 PM

     


  • Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I am going to try to post while I'm there. I don't know what my internet access situation is going to be, but if it comes down to it, I'll post an audio-blog. Even thought I hate the way my voice sounds when it's recorded. I'll get over it just for you guys. :)

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 8/17/2005 08:24:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink