<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | So what's next? » | Yee Haw! » | Race Check In #4 » | Race Check In #3 » | Race Check In #2 » | Race Check In #1 » | We made it! Now...just 195 miles to go... » | 36 legs, 195 miles... » | Mission Trip, Finale » | Mission Trip, Part II »

Blog-block

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I can't think of anything to write about today. I'm still sorting through pictures and stuff from Colorado, and the write-up is nowhere near ready. :( Sigh. And, the official photos are still being uploaded by the picture-taking-people. I've looked, but don't see any of me. :( This is actually probably a good thing. Just to give you a taste: I'm all smiles before the run.      But at the end, I thought I was going to die.                            I was runnin' ugly, breathing hard, it was HOT, and for some reason my right leg was completely numb at this point, and had been for about two miles. Yep, this was my low point of the race. Good news is, it was all fantastic after that!

8/24/2005 09:43:00 AM :: ::
10 Comments:
  • "I was runnin' ugly, breathing hard..."

    That describes all my runs :-)

    By Blogger Bone, at 8/24/2005 10:21:00 AM

     


  • You look so good. Way to go!! And I have blog block all the time. Something good will come to you. Don't worry.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8/24/2005 11:22:00 AM

     


  • Yea, I have blog block too, but on the upside, I'm getting more reading done.

    I'm proud of you sis. Can't believe you ran two miles with a numb leg. Go you!

    By Anonymous Britttany, at 8/24/2005 12:44:00 PM

     


  • Numb right leg for two miles? Sounds like a lot of work for the left leg!

    Nice photos - look at that blue sky! Wish I lived there, oh WAIT. I DO!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 8/24/2005 01:44:00 PM

     


  • You're a stickler for pain!

    Try the Trekkie quiz on my Journal.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 8/24/2005 02:06:00 PM

     


  • Oh I'm so glad someone else gets numb while running. I am always positive I'm having a stroke or something. I ran a little tonight, pathetic in comparison to your runs.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 8/24/2005 08:08:00 PM

     


  • If I was running the race you would have a picture of me passed out in the middle of the road with medics all around me...

    By Blogger MommaK, at 8/24/2005 10:49:00 PM

     


  • I have a blog block practically ever day, hence the second-hand jokes ;-)

    Moldie goldie

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 8/25/2005 04:58:00 AM

     


  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Xian, at 8/25/2005 03:30:00 PM

     


  • Geez, my leg goes numb after getting out of the car and walking up my THREE steps. I'm winded by the time I make it to the living room recliner...

    By Blogger annie, at 8/25/2005 06:17:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink