<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Well that was a bust... » | A whole month already? » | Blah Blah Waaaa... » | It's so cute when guys cook » | Salsa 101 » | Weekend Update » | Abducted by aliens? » | Eye-Stabbing moments » | Hill Running & Damn! I'm a great cook! » | Romance 101 »

Humidity sucks!!! Big time...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

OK, there were other factors too...but when you can actually see the air half a mile down the road in the street light, well, you know it's going to be a tough day. At 6 am today, the temperature was 76 (felt like 83) and the humidity was 79%. At 7 am, 79 degrees (felt like 88) with 73% humidity. And, at 8 am, 83 degrees (felt like 95) with 64% humidity. Nice huh? Oh, and there was no wind. Gee...I forgot my fins and goggles. Today's run was supposed to be 30 minute easy/60 minute marathon pace/10 minute cool down. Now, I'm getting confused. Maybe it's just our group that pretty much runs at marathon pace no matter what. My goal time to finish my race is 5:00. This is an 11:30 average mile, which is what I did over the entire three hour run last week. So today we were supposed to run slower, then our normal pace then slower again? This isn't making sense to me. Maybe we're running our long runs too fast. But it doesn't seem like it. And I don't like that I ran 16 miles last week, then only 9 miles this week, and then next week I'll go 18. Seems like I'm jumping around on the miles too much. I feel like I should be building consistently and then dropping back down at intervals, but not all the way down to 9 miles. I brought this up with my coach today. She said a lot of people feel the same way, so maybe they'll change it. This whole 'marathon pace' workout is new to the schedule this time around. I, for one, do not like it. So, today sucked, big time. I'm going to go get in the shower now and then go splurge on a cream cheese omelete at the diner down the way. Do the crossword, drink coffee, and then come home and clean before the party.

8/07/2005 08:56:00 AM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • The omelette, coffee and crossword sound very inviting; the marathon a lot less so.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 8/07/2005 10:49:00 AM

     


  • You've had quite a productive morning. I am a sloth today. I've done nothing and I don't want to do anything. I haven't been to the gym in at least a week and I hate myself. That cream cheese omelet sounds divine!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 8/07/2005 02:12:00 PM

     


  • I've never actually trained for a marathon, but my reaction is yeah, 9 miles a week won't get you there. Good idea to ask questions.

    Mmmmm...cheese omelette sounds yummy!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 8/07/2005 03:02:00 PM

     


  • I cannot imagine running for 5 hours...I can barely get myself to do 45 minutes! But I definitely hear you about the humidity. Its been brutal up here too.

    By Blogger TrueJerseyGirl, at 8/07/2005 04:59:00 PM

     


  • I hate hot weather. However, we don't have humidity here in this part of the country. I don't know if that's good or bad. I hear it's a good thing.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8/08/2005 09:39:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink