<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Planned vs. Actual » | Wild West Relay Volume I: Dallas Hill Wrangers Tra... » | Bonus Miles » | I knew it! » | Blog-block » | So what's next? » | Yee Haw! » | Race Check In #4 » | Race Check In #3 » | Race Check In #2 »

New mileage achievement = great pain

Monday, August 29, 2005

My entire body hurts. My calves, my quads, my low back, my shoulders and my arms. Sure, I could've taken an ice bath and I probably wouldn't hurt as much, but sitting in a tub of freezing water for 20 minutes didn't appeal to me yesterday. I've done it before, and it is pure torture. So, I'm suffering today. I got my kids back from my grandparents (babysitting for my early am run), went to my friend's house, had four enchiladas, some chips and homemade guacamole, a glass of wine, three beers, and put some pictures on some pages (aka scrapbooking) for a couple of hours, then went home. I fell asleep at 7:30 pm. I vaguely remember my kids trying to wake me up to come put them in bed, but I told them they were old enough to find their own beds. (I promise, I'm a good mom! This just wasn't one of my better moments.) I couldn't even open my eyes! I was totally drained. That hasn't happened to me in a long, long time. I feel better, energy-wise today. Colorado Volume II due tomorrow.

8/29/2005 11:39:00 AM :: ::
9 Comments:
  • Working out and then drinking 3 beers would have put me to sleep too! That food you described just made my tummy growl...:)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 8/29/2005 12:42:00 PM

     


  • IL, you certainly know how to suffer!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 8/29/2005 01:23:00 PM

     


  • Try some “BioFreeze”. I’ve got some samples from one of the AR packets (either the MW race or Somerville race). Of course, it won’t get rid of the muscle fatigue completely but it does relieve the pain temporarily. At least it allows me to get out of the door for another run. So I bought a bunch online. That’s what I used this past weekend.

    You can find more info about this product and on-line retailers via ‘froogle.com’.

    By Anonymous charles, at 8/29/2005 01:25:00 PM

     


  • Hmmm, "bioFreeze"? I usually go with some fruit punch Gatorade and quality couch time, I'm sure there's a better way!

    Energy drain is no fun. Probably the heat. Or the enchiladas. Or the beers....

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 8/29/2005 01:38:00 PM

     


  • Nope, I was pretty much the same level of tired from when I got home from my run as I was at 7:30 pm. I sat on the couch for a few moments after my shower and caught myself dozing in the Frito bag (needed salt replenishment). Then, I was waiting in my car to meet my grandparents half-way to get the kids...again, dozing.

    I just need more sleep. :)

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 8/29/2005 02:50:00 PM

     


  • wow, busy...biofreeze is great, we sell it at the pharmacy i work at part time, and they use it at my chiropractor. awesome stuff. hey, il, do you have an email address i can send you the chicken paprikas recipe on. i am very good, person, down the road and work with, carnelian. i can be trusted. but i don't want everyone to have mine, so how can we do this? does carnealian have your email? if so, if it okay with you, can you ask her to give it to me? feel better!

    By Blogger pain, at 8/29/2005 04:58:00 PM

     


  • I'm lmao at MommaK saying that working out and then having 3 beers would put her to sleep too. LOL! Ditto over here!!!

    I pray for the day I can tell my daughter she is old enough to put herself to bed.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 8/29/2005 09:41:00 PM

     


  • Beer and enchiladas. MMMMMM!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8/30/2005 08:32:00 AM

     


  • Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

    If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about diy scrapbooking. It pretty much covers diy scrapbooking and other similar topics available.

    By Blogger Smallman, at 10/03/2005 05:17:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink