<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Wild West Relay Volume I: Dallas Hill Wrangers Tra... » | Bonus Miles » | I knew it! » | Blog-block » | So what's next? » | Yee Haw! » | Race Check In #4 » | Race Check In #3 » | Race Check In #2 » | Race Check In #1 »

Planned vs. Actual

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Today's Plan: Run 3:20, approximately 16 miles at an easy pace, 12 - 12:30. Today's Actual: Ran 3:50, 18 miles, at a 12:45 pace. The pace was so slow because I didn't know we were running the extra miles, so I exerted too much energy on the front end and had to do a 4/1 run/walk on the route back. Only when I looked at my watch and saw 1:40 and asked why we weren't turning around did I come to find out we were going 9 miles out. Plus I forgot to take my Aleve, so my hips were hurting. I'm not happy today. :( I'm going to shower, get dressed, go to my friend's house, pretend to scrapbook, and drink lots of beer and eat some enchiladas. My marathon is 8 weeks away from today, and based on my performance this morning, a 5:00 finish goal is looking to be in jeopardy. I'm going to be so disappointed if I don't finish in 5:00 or less. I mean, I know finishing is a feat in itself and I will be deliriously happy when I cross that finish line, but I've been putting a lot of extra work in, doing the speed workouts and hill training and everything to meet the 5:00 goal. Now I'm just in a bummed-out mood today. This isn't the normal 'me'. I'm just feeling sorry for myself and I need to snap out of it. OK. There. :D

8/28/2005 11:13:00 AM :: ::
8 Comments:
  • Hey, everyone has set backs, it's okay. You are still eight weeks out, and all you had was a rough day. I love ya sis and I believe in you.

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 8/28/2005 11:50:00 AM

     


  • OK stop it! Neal has been running all his life and has been seriously considering a marathon in the last 6 months. They still can't do over 10 miles. I made him run sprints the other night. You are way ahead of the game. Keep that goal in mind, keep training. You'll do great! Have a beer or three for me today too. Enjoy!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 8/28/2005 12:19:00 PM

     


  • honey chile, you ran more today than I have all year.
    uh.. I felt incredibly lazy just typing that sentence.
    You'll rebound and it wont be long before you find your second wind.
    hope the beer and enchiladas made up for it all.:)

    By Anonymous Laura, at 8/28/2005 08:28:00 PM

     


  • I think that finishing a marathon would be an amazing accomplishment.

    Hang in there.

    By Blogger Bone, at 8/29/2005 08:31:00 AM

     


  • Yes, snap out of it!! You will do great!! I have faith. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8/29/2005 08:31:00 AM

     


  • this may be some bad advice. and i sooo think you will run it in 5:00, so i will say this.

    if you want to be bummed, be bummed. have your wallow and eat that cake too.

    but tomorrow, i want to see the happy, pumped, great lass back to save the world one run at a time.

    :)

    By Blogger Crystal, at 8/29/2005 09:27:00 AM

     


  • Sometimes the plan vs the actual work out the other way ... for instance, last week I got into a groove and when my 4 miles was up I decided to go for 5, then I figured I might as well do 6, and before I knew it I was at 7. And then I stopped, but just because I still had to pack for vacation.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 8/29/2005 09:44:00 PM

     


  • Beer and Tex-Mex fixes everything. ;-)

    By Blogger FTS, at 8/30/2005 09:50:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink