<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Humidity sucks!!! Big time... » | Well that was a bust... » | A whole month already? » | Blah Blah Waaaa... » | It's so cute when guys cook » | Salsa 101 » | Weekend Update » | Abducted by aliens? » | Eye-Stabbing moments » | Hill Running & Damn! I'm a great cook! »

Two important events!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Birthday Party Last night my whole clan gathered to celebrate my littlest sister's 20th birthday. I drew the short straw and got to host. Despite forgetting to buy charcoal (yes, I have a charcoal grill...not a gas grill. Despite the effort, it provides MUCH better flavor) at both Target and Kroger, we managed to get the grill fired up and chicken cooked. The potatoes got mashed, and the hollandaise turned out PERFECT. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food...there were only two chicken breasts left over. My sister is about to move into a campus apartment (different from a dorm) and needs furnishings, so she got money and gift certificates to go to the new Ikea store that just opened. My brother was the only soul brave enough to actually venture to the store...with 15,000 other people. I just gave her cash. My mom made two cakes and cupcakes for dessert. The chocolate cake was delicious. It looks a little off I know, but it was so humid the icing wouldn't stand up. Plus she drives like a maniac, so what chance did the cake have? That's my mom with Ell. I was in desperate need of a beer...or four. Sorry about the 'no-make-up look'. It was a long day combined with four kids running through my house at top volume! Aren't my sisters pretty!? The three sisters. Oh, and we have a brother too. He's awesome. He still speaks to us despite the fact that we used to dress him up in our flower-girl dresses and made him play with us. Well, I used to transform all his Transformers because he couldn't, and I played Hotwheels with him too. He was such a sweet kid. My niece, Zed, Ell, & my sister's god-daughter. What a bunch of silly kids! First Day of School Today was also the first day of school! I know...it is waaay to early to be going back, but our school district just loves 'breaks'. We have a fall break less than 8 weeks after starting back, and all kinds of three and four day weekends. Whatever...hoity toity school districts will do whatever they want. The both of them before we left the house. And, Ell in her class. Zed wouldn't let me take a picture of him. First day of 5th grade...wants to be the cool kid you know. They both know kids in their class, so they were excited. No tears from either one of them!

8/08/2005 09:20:00 AM :: ::
13 Comments:
  • awww. sounds like fun times...adorably cute kids!

    By Blogger Crystal, at 8/08/2005 10:21:00 AM

     


  • OMG! I love IKEA and there's not one within an hours drive!

    I can't believe your kids are going back to school! I think a break might be a better idea than a full summer off. They get too lazy! Cute kids!!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 8/08/2005 11:20:00 AM

     


  • No way is that your mom! She looks like she could be your sister!!!

    Your kids are sooooooo cute!!! First day of school is Sept. 1st here ... I can't imagine starting in early August.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 8/08/2005 12:24:00 PM

     


  • Here they start after Labor day and with all those breaks too, it seems like they are hardly ever in school. The school year IS actually shortened because of funding problems. The kids don't get their time in they need to learn.

    Did you save me some cake? That looks yummy!

    By Blogger annie, at 8/08/2005 12:47:00 PM

     


  • I don't think I used to go back to school until after Labor Day, we must have been slackers!

    By Blogger Gene, at 8/08/2005 01:47:00 PM

     


  • Looks like a great party. We should all have a sis like you!

    My kids go back to school a week from today. I thought THAT was early!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 8/08/2005 02:44:00 PM

     


  • IKEA so rocks! Looks like a fun party! What a great sister you are for hosting it! :)

    By Blogger Night Flier, at 8/08/2005 05:20:00 PM

     


  • Not been to our IKEA yet and no eral desire to face the crowds of the curious. Thanks for stopping by today :) It looks like you had a fun time!

    By Blogger phoenix, at 8/08/2005 08:41:00 PM

     


  • Has your brother recovered from the flower girl playing days?

    Sweet kids!

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 8/09/2005 02:54:00 AM

     


  • Ohhh, they look so cute. I love the first day of school. The kids always look so fresh.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8/09/2005 09:05:00 AM

     


  • I think you must be mistaken. That can't be your mom. You must have another sister.

    By Blogger Bone, at 8/09/2005 10:15:00 AM

     


  • Thanks ya'll for all the compliments about my kiddos. I think they're adorable...most of the time. I have to say I did turn out a couple of good lookin' kids. My son has always been quite handsome, and my daughter is getting more beautiful by the day (in my estimation). I think I'm going to have to lock them both up away from the boys and girls.

    Oh, and I promise...that's my mom.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 8/09/2005 10:59:00 AM

     


  • A friend got me out of the house for the first time in a week today just to make a test run for a few items and lunch. She offhandedly mentioned IKEA and I shuddered in silence. Fortunately I was able to misdirect her long enough that she forgot about it. ;)

    Great looking kids 'n family.

    Did you save me a piece of cake?

    By Blogger FTS, at 8/11/2005 07:32:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink