<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Blah Blah Waaaa... » | It's so cute when guys cook » | Salsa 101 » | Weekend Update » | Abducted by aliens? » | Eye-Stabbing moments » | Hill Running & Damn! I'm a great cook! » | Romance 101 » | Mineral Wells Photos » | Holy WOW »

A whole month already?

Friday, August 05, 2005

Yep. One month of dating Nick. :) And I'd have to say things are going pretty well so far. Last night we went to the Dallas Museum of Art. On Thursday nights they stay open till 9 pm, and between 5 pm & 9 pm admission is free. Even to the special exhibits. Plus, they have live jazz music in the Atrium Cafe. I had some Spicy Shrimp Quesadillas for dinner. They were yummy. You have to check out the Concentrations 47: Jim Lambie, Thirteenth Floor Elevator exhibit. It was so super cool. I think this was Nick's favorite part. You can even see pictures of how they installed it, step by step. I can't imagine that they're just going to rip this up at the end of the exhibit, but I'm afraid they will. My favorite piece was this. I'm not usually into this type of 'art', but this just took my breath away. It was in a room all by itself, with no lights. The only light came from the LED numbers flashing on the piece. It was a series of LED counter displays. The numbers from 1 to 9 would run through, some very, very slow, others very rapidly. All at their own pace. Some would go dark for a bit, then re-light and resume their count. I can't describe the feeling it gave me, but I stood in front of it, staring in wonder for quite some time. If you can, take the time to go to a museum soon. They are wonderful places. Even if you're not an 'art' person. Challenge yourself to do it. After the museum, we went to Cafe Brazil for some coffee and cinnamon toast. I love just being able to sit and sip coffee and talk and people-watch.

8/05/2005 08:54:00 AM :: ::
10 Comments:
  • i like lambie. his stuff is always interesting. i went to houston MOA last weekend. i loved it. large exhibit on a cy twombley. these artists really make you think. they are simply amazing.

    By Blogger Crystal, at 8/05/2005 09:25:00 AM

     


  • Hey, congrats on one month. I'm glad things are still going so well. Going on dates, what is that again??? Well it sounds really fun anyway. Have at it girl!

    By Blogger Twist of Kate, at 8/05/2005 10:50:00 AM

     


  • I love going to art museums too. Kind of like stepping into another world, gives a whole new perspective. Even if the art sucks, they're great for people watching!

    Happy one month!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 8/05/2005 11:18:00 AM

     


  • Happy one month anniversary!!!

    p.s. I didn't get up this morning either.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 8/05/2005 11:50:00 AM

     


  • I love museums...my husband does not. You are lucky to be dating someone who does! Congrats on 1 month!!!

    By Blogger TrueJerseyGirl, at 8/05/2005 01:50:00 PM

     


  • Nowadays, a month is a long time in dating!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 8/05/2005 01:57:00 PM

     


  • You better be careful, Lass, if your feet get any higher off the ground, you'll float away! ;)

    I love museums, especially science or history museums. I can tolerate art museums, although I wouldn't get nearly as much of the artistic nuance out of them as I would, like, the Smithsonian.

    By Blogger Barry, at 8/05/2005 02:27:00 PM

     


  • Oooo, large, trippy, "installation"-type art. I love it!

    By Blogger annie, at 8/05/2005 06:22:00 PM

     


  • Yay for your one month!! Time flies huh? I was just at a museum today...check out the blog for more info. I LOVE art museums! Guess I better if I'm an art history major huh?? I have actually cried in front of paintings before. Music and art are very moving to me. Even the crazy whacked out stuff. Love it!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 8/05/2005 08:53:00 PM

     


  • Happy one month!! That's exciting and fun.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8/06/2005 09:20:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink