<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Why is it? » | Everything you wanted to know, then some » | Your Questions Answered — Round 3 » | Autumn Equinox » | Your Questions Answered — Round 2 » | Your Questions Answered — Round 1 » | Drawing a blank » | Monday, Monday » | Waitin' for the Weekend... » | I Heart Mileage & Speed »

Meanwhile, back at the track...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

You'd think that running around in circles, or ovals really, would make me dizzy. Maybe. I need to add some more songs to my MP3 player. I'm getting tired of some of the music that's on there now. Today's ten (10) miles just kind of flew by though: 10 Mile Repeats 10:59; 11:08; 11:00; 11:06; 11:01; 10:51; 11:01; 10:54; 10:41; 10:04. Total run time: 1:48:56. Average pace: ~10:50. Then, I looked at my training schedule when I got into work. Yeah, I was only supposed to run 8 miles this morning. But hey, that little bit of extra is going to make all the difference come race day, I just know it. I'll only be able to finish because I did those extra two miles today. I got a lot done last night. It was quiet, but I enjoyed it. Elle and Zed spend Wednesday nights with their dad, so I can actually hear myself think. I folded about four loads of laundry, hung up all my clothes, and then went to dinner with myself and a book. Treated myself to a small piece of baklava and Turkish coffee (with sugar) for dessert. I found part of the floor in my daughter's room. She and I will find the other part tonight. Played with my doggies for a little while. Wrigley is so disgusting. She's a slobber-bone. It's like getting slimed. I tried to watch some TV, but I fell asleep with Wrigley at my feet and Tori by my side. They're so snuggly. Now I need a nap. But coffee is just going to have to do. And yogurt and granola.

9/22/2005 09:48:00 AM :: ::
11 Comments:
  • Extra miles on your run...I don't see a problem!

    And, your evening sounded perfectly wonderful. There's nothing wrong with curling up on the couch with the best buddies in the world, slobber and all.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 9/22/2005 10:12:00 AM

     


  • Turkish coffee is the best -- sans sugar for me, though. Try it at Fadi's out by Stonebriar. ;-)

    By Blogger FTS, at 9/22/2005 11:05:00 AM

     


  • Little details do make a difference when we're working toward specific goals. Those two extra miles are significant.

    You're evening sounds wonderful. Funny how, once you have kids, you can pamper yourself by folding laundry.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 9/22/2005 01:30:00 PM

     


  • I so admire people like you who run. Even as a child I was never very good at it. Would get horrible pains in my side.

    Swimming, though, that I can do.

    Thanks for coming by and commenting today. I'm actually feeling better today. Thanks.

    By Blogger Sleeping Mommy, at 9/22/2005 01:53:00 PM

     


  • The Baklava and Turkish coffee (with sugar)caught my eye. I'm a big sucker for honey-sweet baked goods and strong java.
    Sounds like a wonderful ending to a good day of running.
    Sometimes it doesn't get much better than that.
    I miss my long runs but my lower back just won't allow it these days. Instead, I'm stuck on a dismal, boring cross-trainer. It doesn't get much worse than that.
    Nice blog, too.
    ;(

    best,
    michaelm

    By Blogger michaelm, at 9/22/2005 02:17:00 PM

     


  • GREAT names for kids!!!

    By Blogger Jim, at 9/22/2005 02:33:00 PM

     


  • I never could get into running. My excuse is that bad knees run in my family. ;-)

    I must never have told my son that, because he's an avid runner. Don't know that he's ever done 10 miles in a day, though!

    By Blogger Bluegrass Mama, at 9/22/2005 03:22:00 PM

     


  • mmm, I love coffee. But I have had to give up sugar. And sweetners.

    I sometimes wish I had a doggie to come greet me when I got home and to play with.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 9/22/2005 08:03:00 PM

     


  • Hope the bad weather isn't affecting you?

    Remember the film Turner and Hooch, your blog reminded me of that!! Your doggies aren't that slobbery are they?? ;-p
    Good to have a rested night once in a while, surely your pins need a rest too.You must've got through a few pairs of trainers by now. ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 9/23/2005 03:05:00 AM

     


  • You are so disciplined! When is your marathon? Good luck.

    By Blogger Star, at 9/23/2005 05:54:00 AM

     


  • What is "Granola"?

    By Blogger Barnze, at 9/28/2005 09:41:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink