<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Meanwhile, back at the track... » | Why is it? » | Everything you wanted to know, then some » | Your Questions Answered — Round 3 » | Autumn Equinox » | Your Questions Answered — Round 2 » | Your Questions Answered — Round 1 » | Drawing a blank » | Monday, Monday » | Waitin' for the Weekend... »

Seven

Friday, September 23, 2005

Seven years ago today I was blessed with my beautiful baby girl. She was a 'no pain' baby...I was induced, and I asked for my epidural early. In fact, I was asleep when the nurse came in to tell me she had called the doctor. Anyway, without revealing too much detail, my friends with kids all hate me when I tell her 'birth story' (we women do that you know), because it was so quick, easy and painless. A perfect way to bring 6lbs and 12oz of beauty into the world. Happy Birthday Elle! She's a free spirit in the truest sense of the word, and lives 100 miles an hour. She has more energy than I have ever seen in one human, but at the same time, she falls to sleep in an instant. She's full of joy, love, hugs, kisses, laughs, smarts, sweetness, and mischief. Yes, I can see that twinkle in her eye and know she's up to something. She's also an expert hula-hooper...it was her talent at her school's talent show. She even taught me how to hula hoop! I was also tagged by Barry over at Last Home with a meme. I thought it was appropriate for today: 7 Answers to 7 Questions! 7 things I plan to do before I die: 7 things I can do: 7 things I cannot do: 7 things that attract me to another person: 7 celebrity crushes: 7 Things I say the most: 7 bloggers I am tagging: Please keep my family in your thoughts. I have many relatives in Houston. Those closest to the shore have evacuated northward, but not far enough for my liking. My grandaddy and uncle are the closest — 50 miles inland. My grandaddy is old, and since my grandmother passed almost two years ago, he has rapidly grown more frail. I called him Wednesday and asked if he was leaving. He said 'Sugar, I've lived in this house for over 30 years. I've weathered many a storm here, and I'm staying put.' I knew he wouldn't be going anywhere. He's the best man I know, and I hope that he stays safe. Have a great weekend guys!

9/23/2005 08:39:00 AM :: ::
24 Comments:
  • OK, I will def do this at some point, Lass :-)

    I like memes that aren't overly long.

    Sure hope your family will be safe. I have an uncle who lives in Galveston. He evacuated, but haven't heard how far inland he went.

    By Blogger Bone, at 9/23/2005 09:59:00 AM

     


  • Oh, and Happy Birthday, Ell! She is ADORABLE!

    By Blogger Bone, at 9/23/2005 10:02:00 AM

     


  • I already did most of those things on Alice in and out of Wonderland's blog (Check my blog for a link) some time ago. You can probably find it. If not, I can make up another one. Maybe. Someday. Or not.

    Happy B-day to yer brat!! Give her lots of candy and turn her loose on grandparents :D

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 9/23/2005 10:06:00 AM

     


  • Ok, it's not tooo terribly long, so I will do it. It might take till tommorrow cuz I'll have to fire up the brain cells and think about some of them, ha-ha!

    Happy birthday to that cute girl! What an easy birth! I hate you!

    Hugs to your Grandpa, I hope he's OK.

    By Blogger annie, at 9/23/2005 10:53:00 AM

     


  • Our babygirls have close birthdays! She's a doll. I never could hula hoop...can't get that hip action going ;)

    By Blogger poopie, at 9/23/2005 11:14:00 AM

     


  • Hi, Just visiting your site and always wanted to. I see your name a lot on other blogs I visit.
    Your daughter sounds and looks so cute!!! Happy Birthday to her! And our prayers are with your family and all the families of these terrible hurricaines that won't END!!

    By Anonymous Sherry, at 9/23/2005 11:50:00 AM

     


  • God, I forgot you live out that way. I hope your family is safe and I will think positive things for everyone!!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9/23/2005 02:56:00 PM

     


  • Happy birthday to youe sweet girl!! Your family is in my prayers. I can't wait unilt this awful hurricane season is over!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 9/23/2005 05:20:00 PM

     


  • Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

    A meme! For moi? :-)

    I love all your crushes, especially Viggo and Brad. YUM.

    I say "I'm just sayin'" all the time. Drives my hubby nuts.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 9/23/2005 10:16:00 PM

     


  • Your daughter is beautiful and seems to have your spirit.

    I will keep your family in my prayers.

    By Blogger Raehan, at 9/23/2005 11:19:00 PM

     


  • Happy birthday to the mini-you, and I really hope granddad makes it through Rita unscathed.

    By Blogger FTS, at 9/23/2005 11:30:00 PM

     


  • your daughter is a cutie pie, just like her mama! my prayers are for all the stupid hurrican affected people, but special ones will now be said for your family. intersted "7" answers, make me feel like i really know you.

    By Blogger pain, at 9/24/2005 07:24:00 AM

     


  • A very happy birthday to Elle.

    My thoughts are with the hurricane victims.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 9/24/2005 09:54:00 AM

     


  • Happy Birthday to Elle! I'm not really jealous with your "birth story" but a little jealous that you have a daughter...just a little, of course I'd never trade...well, you know!

    Many thoughts and prayers going your way. Beat it, Rita!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 9/24/2005 11:30:00 AM

     


  • Happy, happy birthday baby! She's gorgeous!!! The hula hoop queen! I never could figure that thing out!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 9/24/2005 09:39:00 PM

     


  • I'm stopping by to thank you for your support during my son's surgery.
    Now I'm thinking good thoughts for your grandfather and other family members. I hope they are all safe.

    By Anonymous catherine ryan, at 9/24/2005 10:13:00 PM

     


  • Love the pics! My son goes about 99 MPH. But yet he can’t be in the car for more than 5 minutes without falling asleep.

    My thoughts are with your family, as well as all others in the area. I hope you grandfather is safe!

    By Blogger mattandriver, at 9/25/2005 10:39:00 AM

     


  • happy birthday to Elle--7 year olds are great--my daughter is 7 and she's wonderful.

    By Blogger sage, at 9/25/2005 01:32:00 PM

     


  • Hey Stellar, since I think this whole me getting tagged thing started with you...I tagged you and Carne right back with a list of 7 =P
    I would not really worry about the running fast thing. I was in track for years. It always seemed to me that sprinters also lived their life as sprinters. Dont know if that makes sense but its better to go the distance and have the stamina and determination to go the long haul.
    BTW, those pics are gorgeous. If I ever win the lottery or powerball, can I adopt her as an aunt and SHOP my BRAINS out for girl clothes??? I have 3 boys =P

    By Blogger Walking,Talking,Poison, at 9/25/2005 05:54:00 PM

     


  • how is your grandpa?

    By Blogger Indigo, at 9/25/2005 09:28:00 PM

     


  • Happy Birthday to your daughter, looks like she follows you in every sweet way. Hope your family are ok.

    Liked reading your 7 do's and don't etc..Definately seeing the whole world and the masters I share with you. Might just have to fill my blog with something similar, something to do of a morning;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 9/26/2005 02:43:00 AM

     


  • I hope your family are still okay, my thoughts are with you and them.

    By Blogger culfy, at 9/26/2005 05:45:00 AM

     


  • Hi IL, how's your grandfather now? Houston sure dodged a bullet, but they're still reeling from the impact. I hope he is ok!

    Elle is adorable! Our girls have close birthdays also. Don't blink, or she'll be 17 before you know it. :)

    Enjoyed your list on the meme!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 9/26/2005 08:44:00 AM

     


  • Just checking in to see if everyone in your family is okay. Hope so:)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 9/26/2005 11:19:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink