<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Wild West Relay Volume III: Full Moon Running » | September is here! » | Tales from the Office, Series #82048 » | Wild West Relay Volume II: Race Day Arrives » | Just what I needed!!! » | New mileage achievement = great pain » | Planned vs. Actual » | Wild West Relay Volume I: Dallas Hill Wrangers Tra... » | Bonus Miles » | I knew it! »

Take the bad with the good

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I've been beating myself up a bit over the last couple of weeks over my running. I know I need to stop doing this. My long runs the last two weeks haven't been good, and this Sunday was a repeat of last Sunday. :( After today though I feel like I'm a bit more back on track. :) Sunday's plan was 2:10, 30 min warm-up, 1:30 marathon pace, 10 min cool-down. Made the 30 minute warm-up OK, and then started in on the marathon pace, but didn't get too far into it before my legs turned to lead. I'm going back to see Dr. Pain this week or next week some time. I haven't been to see him since I started the new job, and I just can't seem to stretch enough. I think this is part of my problem. Sunday's actual results ended up being a 2:12 run over 11 miles, which is a 12 min-mi pace. I should have been right at an 11:30 average. Today's plan was a 10 min warm-up, 45 minutes at marathon pace, 10 min cool-down. .88 miles on my warm-up, stretched a lot more than I normally do, then started on my MP mileage. I finished 4.25 miles in 44:37. My mile split times were at 10:50, 21:25, 31:50, 41:58. Then I looked at my watch and realized I didn't have time for a full 10 min cool-down. So, I walked once around the track to get my breathing back under control and then went home. I was very pleased with this morning's effort. I need to learn to shake off those disappointing runs more quickly because they're starting to affect my mood during the day too!

9/06/2005 09:14:00 AM :: ::
10 Comments:
  • "Meet triumph and disaster, and treat these two imposter's just the same" (or words to that effect from Kipling).

    By Blogger culfy, at 9/06/2005 10:07:00 AM

     


  • thought you'd blogged that you do an 88 mile warm up! ;-p

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 9/06/2005 10:18:00 AM

     


  • I didn't exercise at all, all of last week. It was just a horrible week. I just dedicated myself to getting back on track TODAY. Don't waste time thinking about how you haven't done the right things over the past 2 weeks - just start doing them NOW.

    By Blogger TrueJerseyGirl, at 9/06/2005 01:56:00 PM

     


  • Well, we can't be "up" all the time - for a variety of reasons. Don't beat yourself up, physically or emotionally. Use that energy elsewhere!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 9/06/2005 02:48:00 PM

     


  • well, you could be like me and count walking to work as your exercise for the day.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 9/06/2005 04:37:00 PM

     


  • Yes, I'm depressed every day that I don't run...that would make it about 15 years now!

    By Blogger annie, at 9/06/2005 09:07:00 PM

     


  • I think you are doing great! But I know where you are coming from with the disappointment. I'll run 5 miles and wished I did 6, or did the 5 faster, or with more hills, or whatever. Hang in there!!!!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 9/06/2005 09:32:00 PM

     


  • Yeah, Lass. You're gonna have bad days. But the main thing is, you're still out there running. That's something.

    Very impressive on today's run. Each mile was quicker than the last. Awesome!

    By Blogger Bone, at 9/06/2005 09:37:00 PM

     


  • Some smart fella once said, "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work."

    You're running, so be happy. :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 9/06/2005 09:55:00 PM

     


  • You can't be on every day...no biggie!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 9/07/2005 05:48:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink