<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Twenty-Six Days and Counting » | It's all about the party! » | Seven » | Meanwhile, back at the track... » | Why is it? » | Everything you wanted to know, then some » | Your Questions Answered — Round 3 » | Autumn Equinox » | Your Questions Answered — Round 2 » | Your Questions Answered — Round 1 »

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thirteen things on my mind today: 1. Elle and Zed stay with their dad on Wednesday nights. When my phone rang at 6:30 this morning, I got worried. Evidently Elle started throwing up this morning. Surprisingly, her dad called into work and is keeping her home today. He stopped by and got some anti-throw-up medicine for her, so hopefully she'll feel better today. I don't want to have her throwing up still tonight. 2. We got a cool front! It was 62 degrees outside this morning! Today's high is going to be around 75! I wore a sweater to work! 3. Yesterday, my sister finally uploaded some of her art work. It's really just her class work exercises, but I think it's fantastic. The one I linked to is my favorite, and I have dibs on getting it framed and hung at my house after she has her final review. Be sure to check out the other works she has posted. There's not many yet, but I'm so blown away by her talent. I love you B! 4. My doggies are so slobbery. I was on the phone last night and Wrigley kept trying to lick me. She also has really bad gas. Worst gas I've ever known for a dog to have. 5. Our newspaper has changed their puzzle/comics section this week. I don't think I like it. They've made a lot of changes to format in the whole paper over the last year. Some I like, some I don't. We'll see if this one lasts. 6. My marathon of course. I feel like I'm beating it to death though. 24 more days! Over the day I waiver between excitement and dread. I'll be fine, I know! 7. My house is bugging me. The thing is I've had a bunch of stuff on a 'list' for a long time. I think after this 'running' stuff has 'run' through me, that's the next thing I'm going to tackle. I'm going to bust out some paint on my walls! 8. I need to go see my Grandaddy in Houston. I haven't seen him since last November. How is it that life flies by so fast and we don't know where the weeks have gone? He'll be 81 this November. I'll have to tell about him sometime. He's very special to me. 9. Elle and Zed are in my ex-brother-in-law's wedding this weekend. Elle is a flower girl and Zed is the ring-bearer. They're both excited. I was originally supposed to do a reading in the wedding, but my Ex kinda screwed that up. What's even funnier is that last month his brother asked if I was still doing the reading. His family is bizarre! I could be closer to them I guess, but I just feel like they didn't do a whole lot to support my marriage ever, and I'm mad about that. 10. I have my divorce papers sitting, ready to be signed. I need to have them reviewed by my dad's lawyer, but other than that, it's almost over. It feels so anticlimactic. 11. I need to get my oil changed and my car inspected. 12. Along with last night's cool front, we got a heck of a thunderstorm. Lightning flashing all around and the wind blowing hard. I love thunderstorms. 13. I need to get a manicure. I painted my nails last weekend, but I need someone to do a better job shaping my nails. They can leave my feet alone though. I need those callouses until after my race. Then I'll get my feet back to baby-smooth.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. MommaK @ Petroville 2. Leanne 3. E @ Retrospect 4. Uzi 5. Crusty Crone 6. Mary @ Elsewhere 7. Keb @ What the 8. Jessica @ Daydreams & Musings 9. Rashbre Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! Leanne says: Thirteen things is all I ask for, and what do you get in return? Linkage! If you do it, leave a comment here and link me to your Thursday Thirteen. I will be sure to update my entry with links to yours, and then you can continue the chain if you like! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

9/29/2005 09:36:00 AM :: ::
19 Comments:
  • No 14) Go and have a martini or ice- tea maybe ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 9/29/2005 11:01:00 AM

     


  • No 14) Go and have a martini or ice- tea maybe ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 9/29/2005 11:01:00 AM

     


  • That was nice your ex kept Elle even with the pukie-pukes! Ugh, the house stuff. I have a list too. I want shutters in my windows. So, why don't I just go get them? I agree with Goldie...you need a martini!

    And the weather...I could see my breath yesterday morning on the way to work. Kill me now!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 9/29/2005 11:37:00 AM

     


  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 9/29/2005 11:37:00 AM

     


  • Yes, it's been about 63 here all morning! Love it. Though I still wore short sleeves. And Big Sweaty still had the air on full blast sub-arctic. I don't think it ever gets cool inside his world.

    Supposed to be back in the 80's here by the weekend. At least we had one fall day though.

    By Blogger Bone, at 9/29/2005 11:40:00 AM

     


  • I am DYING it's so cold! We must have had the same storm lastnight. It was creepy windy here!

    Here's my Thirteen :)

    By Anonymous Leanne, at 9/29/2005 11:50:00 AM

     


  • Mine's up, too! Thanks, too, for blogrolling me. I've added you to my bookmarks and next time I update my sidebar, I'll add you too!
    My thirteen is at www.mylifeinretrospect.blog.com

    By Anonymous E, at 9/29/2005 12:35:00 PM

     


  • My dog is stinking too. She's disgusting, but for some reason I adore her. Get a mani, they are awesome. I need one too.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9/29/2005 12:48:00 PM

     


  • Sounds like the dog needs an oil change!

    Hello from Michele's.

    By Blogger Free to Be, at 9/29/2005 01:57:00 PM

     


  • Hi... I'm here from Leanne's Thursday Thirteen. Just givin' ya a wave hello.

    By Blogger The Crusty Crone, at 9/29/2005 04:13:00 PM

     


  • Well I hope your daughter is feeling all better. Do they make doggie Beano?

    And don't get me started on awkward family-in-law weddings!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 9/29/2005 04:59:00 PM

     


  • I'm amused 62 degrees is shorts & t-shirt weather here, 75 degrees and it starts getting scary to go outside because of the shirtless men!!

    By Anonymous Claire, at 9/29/2005 05:16:00 PM

     


  • Hi - I'm here by way of Leanne. Good luck with the marathon! I ran the Chicago marathon a life time ago and I'm glad I did it. My Thursday Thirteen is at http://daydreamsandmusings.blogspot.com!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 9/29/2005 05:20:00 PM

     


  • Hello Interstellar - this is a new adventure for me. I've also got a Thirteen list

    rashbre

    By Blogger rashbre, at 9/29/2005 05:21:00 PM

     


  • Ok, this is bad... I thought your #2 said you got a new cool FONT! I think I need to spend less time with my eyes fixed to a computer screen!... then I was all happy for you, too... Ohhhh, a new cool font!, How exciting!...Wonder what it looks like?... I'm a nerd. Anyway, hooray for sweater weather, as it is technically Fall now, my favorite time of year. (Oh, btw, it got up to 97 degrees here in So Cal today!)

    Your sister's work is quite something. I really like the still life flowers one. It's amazing how shapes and figures can have their own kind of personalities in art.

    Wishing you the best of luck (and endurance) for the big run. I applaud you and your callouses. :)

    Linked you to my TT post, too.

    By Anonymous mary, at 9/29/2005 06:27:00 PM

     


  • I'd go with you for the manicure in a heartbeat, I could use one now!
    and i'm very jealous of the temperatures there!!!
    Your hub's family must have reallyliked you to still want you to do the reading at the wedding, LOL. I bet the kids are going to look really cute on the wedding day.
    hope Elle's feeling better!

    I'm off to see your sis's paintings now. :)

    By Anonymous Laura, at 9/29/2005 09:01:00 PM

     


  • Those drawings were really good. Wish I was talented like that.

    The thunder & lightening were great -- except I didn't get anything but lots of noise and flash. Hardly a drop of rain. But.. the temps were much more bearable today.

    By Blogger FTS, at 9/29/2005 11:07:00 PM

     


  • Forgot to say I liked the still life silhoettes.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 9/30/2005 05:59:00 AM

     


  • I'm a runner too, but am not anywhere close to a marathon. I just enjoy it. I know about calluses and blisters and such.
    Good luck with the marathon.
    Have a great weekend!!

    By Blogger UziCue, at 9/30/2005 07:08:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink