<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | A Morning to Stay in Bed » | Quiet Morning » | Friday Roundup » | Thursday Thirteen, II » | Twelfth Night, a surprise » | Today's Special » | Your Questions Answered — Round 4 » | Potpourri » | And then there was the time... » | Thursday Thirteen »

23/5 Meme

Monday, October 10, 2005

I've seen this meme in a couple of different places. I had gone back and looked to see what mine would be if I were to be tagged. Once I figured it out, I hoped that I wouldn't be. I managed to luck out until Abby decided she would finally play along with a meme. Thanks girly! Really, I mean it. :) The Rules: 1. Go into your archive. 2. Find your 23rd post. 3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to). 4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions. 5. Tag five other people to do the same. My 23rd post was Kid Free Weekend. I finally had a date with my husband. I so try not to be, but if I could have a Date with my husband every night of the week, I would be on top of the world! Or so I thought. This was shortly before my STBX left me and asked for a divorce. But you know what, that's OK. Because when I re-read this post, I see someone who genuinely wants to spend time with the person they love. Someone who is excited by the thought of being a couple. Someone who wants to enjoy new experiences with the significant other in their life. Someone who can appreciate the quiet times together. And you know what? He wasn't that person for me. He didn't enjoy taking me out. Silences between us were uncomfortable. I felt like I was constantly searching for something interesting to say to him. Holding hands? Being romantic? Nope, he'd have none of it. So, while this divorce process is tedious, I'm glad for it. I shouldn't be desperate for a date with the man I married. And when I got it, wow, you would've thought I won the lottery. Seems silly now. Hmmm. Who shall I tag? 1. Bone. 2. Coyote Mike. 3. Raehan. 4. Crys. 5. Vitamin Sea.

10/10/2005 10:50:00 AM :: ::
17 Comments:
  • Yeah, she tagged me, too. Mine will go up tomorrow since I've already posted today.

    Sometimes those looks back let us see how far we've come. I hate digging around in my archives. Almost deleted them at one point, but now I see them as a trail of bread crumbs.

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/10/2005 11:35:00 AM

     


  • It's always good to look back...it helps you to see where you're going in the future.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 10/10/2005 12:38:00 PM

     


  • That's a very sweet post, and you are an amazingly resilient person.

    And I got he tag. Thanks.

    By Blogger Raehan, at 10/10/2005 01:28:00 PM

     


  • Hey! You did it!

    It's interesting how insightful and revealing some entries from our past can be. You've come a long way.

    To the future!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 10/10/2005 01:32:00 PM

     


  • Well done on coming this far.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 10/10/2005 01:58:00 PM

     


  • I continue to be amazed at how positive you are on this blog during your divorce. I don't think I've ever read a long, drawn out, angry posts about your ex.

    Instead you post about the things you're doing with your life right now, and how you're moving on from the marriage.
    You must be an incredibly strong and resilient person, even if there are days when you don't feel like one. I just thought you should know your blog is inspirational in more ways than one!

    thanks for the tag! I'll put up the meme in the morning, have to go into my archives and find it! LOL

    By Anonymous Laura, at 10/10/2005 02:40:00 PM

     


  • I tried to do that meme but my sentence was boring. something along the lines of, "and then I made eggs for breakfast." oh well, they can't all be exciting :)

    here via Michele. so sorry to read about your divorce. whether it's for the best or not, it's still never an easy thing to go through.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10/10/2005 03:01:00 PM

     


  • Wow, what a touching post... you are such a strong lady!

    Here from Michele's :)

    By Anonymous Angela, at 10/10/2005 03:30:00 PM

     


  • It is always interesting to look back and reflect. You had really great insight into what sounds like a challenging marriage. Happy Monday!

    By Blogger mommy d, at 10/10/2005 05:24:00 PM

     


  • Hey there. Visiting through another blog you went to recently (Princissis) and noticed you are from Plano. One of my best friends is from there and she is visiting me in Florida right now... Cool. Small world. Anyway, I am also working through divorce and it truly can be sucky at times. Find your self a good friend to lean on and all will be well, trust me.
    Hang in there.

    By Blogger Russ, at 10/10/2005 08:55:00 PM

     


  • One more thing...
    STBX??
    Stupid T? Bastard Ex??
    What ever it means I've most likely been called by that name...

    By Blogger Russ, at 10/10/2005 08:58:00 PM

     


  • Good for you that you can look back and see that you have learned something! You deserve better!

    By Blogger TrueJerseyGirl, at 10/10/2005 08:59:00 PM

     


  • Thanks for tagging me. I was really dry on ideas today.

    By Blogger Bone, at 10/10/2005 09:07:00 PM

     


  • Great way to look at life!

    By Blogger Beanhead, at 10/10/2005 09:54:00 PM

     


  • What a great outlook ... divorce is never easy (been there, done that!) so it's always good to be able to look back and realize some clouds really do have silver linings!

    Nice blog. Jumped through from AbbyNormal's place.

    By Anonymous Penny, at 10/11/2005 07:19:00 AM

     


  • Must be hard. Take care and I hope things turn out well for you. Go on have a duvet day!!

    Your blog is never boring by the way, you tell it how it is. You seem to make the most of things.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 10/11/2005 09:15:00 AM

     


  • pfft... you didn't tag me but i came to tell you about vacation pics in my flickr account and grabbed the meme anyway...

    divorce is hard... no getting away from it.. but even in the darkest time... try to remember you loved each other once.. the world revolved around each other once.. you wanted to spend the rest of your lives with each other once... try not to forget the sweet times... the times when your face ached from smiling so much....

    By Anonymous The Womanmoose, at 10/11/2005 02:45:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink