<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Thursday Thirteen, III » | The Plot Thickens » | Mental(ly) Challenge(d) » | 23/5 Meme » | A Morning to Stay in Bed » | Quiet Morning » | Friday Roundup » | Thursday Thirteen, II » | Twelfth Night, a surprise » | Today's Special »

Do ya like it?

Friday, October 14, 2005

Obviously I'm a fan of the clean, simple, well organized blog layout. Now, don't get me wrong, this is in no way a reflection of my actual life. It would be more probable for aliens to land in my backyard and give me a million dollars than it would be for me to have someone to show up at my front door unexpectedly and I not panic about whether or not the bathroom is clean or the laundry is put away. What did my kids leave out on the kitchen counter when they were getting ready for school? That's not my bra drying on the table is it? So, the java navigation was kind of bugging me. I didn't like how the menus dropped down over each other, and they were pretty touchy. I also didn't like that you couldn't see my blogroll without clicking on one of the menus. And, I also really wanted a sidebar where I could add and remove stuff easily. That other template just didn't work for me! So, last night I found a site where I could generate a 'custom' template, because obviously I couldn't do this on my own. I made a few little tweaks, and I'm pretty happy with the result! Hopefully this will be a quiet weekend. Elle has a soccer game tomorrow. The weather should be perfect. The kids go to their dad's this weekend. I have my last Sunday run before the 'thon. Just two hours. ;) You know, kind of like a walk in the park before I go climb that mountain.

10/14/2005 08:11:00 AM :: ::
20 Comments:
  • I like the new layout. Unique, simple, clean. Have a nice (quiet) weekend. Enjoy!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 10/14/2005 10:10:00 AM

     


  • why is it bras have a mind of their own, they can appear from nowhere to embarrass you, they can irritate the hell out of you, they can be darn awkward to match a top with and not let the straps show...
    or am I alone here ;-)

    PS: like the clean blog, but not too clean for some naughtiness I hope

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 10/14/2005 10:19:00 AM

     


  • Love the new simple layout. Your house sounds just like mine. I spend hours running around in circles tidying and trying to get the house to look 'normal' incase of unexpected visitors - but I am starting to think that 'normal' is having a bit of mess when you've got busy lives and a family to look after. It's the tiday homes without any mess that are not normal.

    By Blogger choccycherry, at 10/14/2005 10:29:00 AM

     


  • I love the new style!

    I'm the same way. I like things clean and simple. No blicky things for me!

    I prefer my house to be clean and simple, and that would work out better if I could get my husband and daughter to stand in a corner all the time, and not touch anything! LOL!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 10/14/2005 11:14:00 AM

     


  • I like the new style, the font is pretty small though.

    By Blogger mman, at 10/14/2005 11:30:00 AM

     


  • I really like it!

    By Blogger Michele, at 10/14/2005 11:37:00 AM

     


  • Yeah, I hate it when I leave my bras lying out...

    Oops..er. Um. Nevermind.

    But I love the new layout - it looks great! Maybe a little more color in the side bars, etc? Something a little less grey?

    By Blogger Barry, at 10/14/2005 01:15:00 PM

     


  • Simplify, simplify, simplify! So clean and organized here, I thought I accidentally went to the wrong place at first!

    I like it! Enjoy your weekend.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 10/14/2005 02:39:00 PM

     


  • I absolutely LOVE this layout. Clean, simple, and without distraction. It's definitely a keeper. Well done!

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/14/2005 07:09:00 PM

     


  • I love it! It's really sharp. And I'm impressed that you did it all by yourself.

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 10/14/2005 07:39:00 PM

     


  • I'm another fan of the layout! I do agree with whoever said the font is a little smallish--so impressed that you did this yourself too!

    By Anonymous Angela, at 10/14/2005 07:52:00 PM

     


  • Very nice!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 10/14/2005 07:59:00 PM

     


  • IL, this is a fantastic, well laid out out blog. Can you tell me where this custom site is? E mail me under the 'secure channel' spot on my blog.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 10/15/2005 09:40:00 AM

     


  • I really like the new blog layout.

    By Blogger Scott, at 10/15/2005 02:00:00 PM

     


  • I'm with you on the simple layout front. This is very nice. The type is a little hard to read, though. As others have said, maybe the font is too small or too grey.

    Only two hours? pffft.

    By Blogger mercuryfern, at 10/15/2005 08:45:00 PM

     


  • This is VERY nice! Yes, those other menus were a little hard to navigate.

    People can set their own FONT SIZE in their own browser, to be the size they want. And in Firefox, just hold "Ctrl" and hit the + or - sign! I discovered that by accident!

    By Blogger annie, at 10/15/2005 10:35:00 PM

     


  • Very Nice!!

    By Anonymous Claire, at 10/16/2005 07:15:00 AM

     


  • I really like the new layout...very chic and clean! =)

    Hope you enjoyed the weekend....

    By Anonymous christine, at 10/16/2005 05:59:00 PM

     


  • Hello, Michele sent me!

    With all of those pets, you could be describing our house!

    By Blogger Heather, at 10/17/2005 06:13:00 PM

     


  • I love this look. It's nice and easiy to navigate. Good choice!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10/18/2005 11:58:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink