<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Thursday Thirteen, II » | Twelfth Night, a surprise » | Today's Special » | Your Questions Answered — Round 4 » | Potpourri » | And then there was the time... » | Thursday Thirteen » | Twenty-Six Days and Counting » | It's all about the party! » | Seven »

Friday Roundup

Friday, October 07, 2005

Well yee-haw! It's Friday ladies and gents! And the weather is wonderful! It's 51 degrees, cloudy, light showers and I want to go home, put on my jammies, snuggle under a blanket and knit! Summertime in Texas is just to damn hot to have yarn in your hands and feel any sort of ability to make a sweater! So, tonight I think I'm going to dust off my needles, bust out my unfinished projects and sort through my yarn stash. We'll see what I come up with! Per your request, here are photos of my cute new boots! Nick helped me pick them out. Didn't he do a good job? There were a pair that were the same style but were purple. I would have died for those, but they didn't have them in my size. But I love these! The stitching on the leg is pretty, don't you think? Yesterday's meeting with my lawyer went well. It wasn't for the 'final' signing, so I'm not divorced yet. But I'm looking forward to it! Most everything is ironed out. But, there's a couple of things we still have to discuss. So, Sunday evening I'm supposed to go to dinner with my STBX and his dad. Groan. It should be so much harder to get married. Maybe if it were more difficult, people would take it a bit more seriously. Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I might go see a movie, and of course, I have my Sunday morning run. But only 2:40 this time! We're starting our taper before the race. Otherwise, I'm going to force my slaves children to clean their rooms, sort through summer clothes and bring out the winter wardrobe. We'll see what, if anything, still fits. Happy Weekend all! P.S. As of this morning, yours truly has had 25,000+ hits to her little 'ol blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You like me, you really, really like me! :)

10/07/2005 09:01:00 AM :: ::
22 Comments:
  • Very snazzy boots! Our weather is strangely similar to yours today. I just want to snuggle on the couch too. I don't know how to knit but could find a good book I'm sure. My plans? I have a mid-term on Monday en francais and a research paper looming on the horizon. I'll be doing that. Oh, and there's that Saturday afternoon at the bar round 5ish. We harrass all the Penn State fans.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 10/07/2005 09:53:00 AM

     


  • I've been home all week while Samantha and hubby are celebrating their anniversary, so I'm enjoying the cool, crisp temps for you. I sat on my balcony this morning watching the sun come up over the golf course, sipping coffee and comfy in my sweats.

    Gotta love it... while we can. Betcha it'll be in the 80's again next week. Grrr....

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/07/2005 09:58:00 AM

     


  • I sleep so much better in cool weather. I think its the weight of the old quilt on my legs that helps. I don't sleep well in the summer cuz the sheets don't weigh my legs down enough.

    Very nice boots, but I agree, purple would have been sexy.

    As for the ex, just take some arsenic with you. It takes much less effort to be a widow than a divorcee ;)

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 10/07/2005 10:09:00 AM

     


  • those boots are made for walking...

    my mac wouldn't download da boots, sure they're lovely snazzy items! Sounds like you've a lot on one way or t'other
    have a good weekend
    I'm gonna see some Shakey (Measure for Measure at the Globe, can't wait, hope it doesn't rain ;-)
    congrats on those hits too! wow!

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 10/07/2005 11:04:00 AM

     


  • Thankfully the weather has changed. Cool boots, not for me, cool for you I mean. Good idea on keeping them slaves I mean children working hard. There are far too few households that don't instill a work ethic in their kids. Who the hell is going to pay for this huge Bush deficit?

    By Blogger mman, at 10/07/2005 12:11:00 PM

     


  • Of course we really, really like you! LOL!

    Love the boots, very very cute!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 10/07/2005 12:17:00 PM

     


  • love those boots - way cool!yup, people do like you as evidenced by your many readers. :)

    By Blogger ribbiticus, at 10/07/2005 12:28:00 PM

     


  • Hi there, Here from Michele.. I'm ready for winter days on the couch myself! TGIF!

    By Blogger kitty, at 10/07/2005 12:57:00 PM

     


  • Cute boots. I like that they don't have pointy toes.

    By Blogger annie, at 10/07/2005 01:17:00 PM

     


  • Hey love the boots...my 7yr old loves boots, just like his uncles...Off to NYC this weekend, although with the rain, dredding the walking portion. Good luck with the STBX, icky situation Im sure.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/07/2005 02:27:00 PM

     


  • Michele sent me your way, Lass.

    The Nancy Sinatra quote above by Wislon was so appropriate. Did you post about your meeting with your soon-to-be-EX and the boots for that reason?

    Good luck with the race. My running days are behind me but I remember them fondly.

    By Blogger utenzi, at 10/07/2005 02:34:00 PM

     


  • Hello, Michele sent me.

    By Blogger Peeved Michelle, at 10/07/2005 03:06:00 PM

     


  • Thanks for stopping by - hope you do like Born into Brothels.

    I am with ya on the cooler weather. I just moved back from England a couple of months ago and am still adjusting to the heat! =)

    Have a good weekend and those boots are cute.

    By Anonymous christine, at 10/07/2005 03:20:00 PM

     


  • Great boots! I just bought a pair also. Hubby and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary this weekend.

    Michele sent me.

    By Blogger Chatty, at 10/07/2005 03:27:00 PM

     


  • Love the boots! They come in 8.5B?

    Are you going to throw a divorce party? I went to a couple that were really fun, although I don't recommend the bad marriage part leading up to it. Heh.

    My weekend looks to be about like yours.

    By Anonymous AbbyNormal, at 10/07/2005 03:42:00 PM

     


  • Nice boots! thanks for visiting my blog via Michele's. My sister got divorced 4 years ago...careful with those papers...Looking forward to a nice quiet weekend, love the fall and love my blankets!

    By Anonymous mar, at 10/07/2005 04:37:00 PM

     


  • hi, michele sent me

    By Blogger FattyPants, at 10/07/2005 04:37:00 PM

     


  • Well, I bet those boots are cute, but for some reason I can't see them. I love cooler weather and wish it would cool down here. It was 89 today. Hot! Have a great weekend and hope that dinner doesn't get you down.

    By Blogger mommy d, at 10/07/2005 06:16:00 PM

     


  • Thanks for the knitting suggestion. If I had more time to run out to the store, I would've taken you up on that one! I'll be bringing a book I've been wanting to read. And I'm bringing my laptop (just in case I can get a WIFI connection...).

    I like the boots, BTW! Hope you have a great weekend.

    By Anonymous E, at 10/07/2005 09:27:00 PM

     


  • Nice boots! I was hoping you'd have them up and you do:) Sounds like a great weekend. I need to do the clothes switch thing too. Its still warm here so I'm probably going to put it off...again ;-)

    By Blogger MommaK, at 10/07/2005 09:36:00 PM

     


  • Take the knitting needles to dinner with you, they might come in handy!

    Hope the training has gotten you where you want to be, I guess you'll find out soon. I'm polishing up for the big race at the end of this month in NC, getting some track work and hill climbs in so I can be ready for the mountains. This change of weather came at the right time, feels great, makes you feel, well, perky!

    By Blogger Evil Geezer, at 10/08/2005 08:58:00 AM

     


  • I am loving the boots. They are fantastic. Have lots and lots of fun in them!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10/10/2005 04:29:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink