<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Quiet Morning » | Friday Roundup » | Thursday Thirteen, II » | Twelfth Night, a surprise » | Today's Special » | Your Questions Answered — Round 4 » | Potpourri » | And then there was the time... » | Thursday Thirteen » | Twenty-Six Days and Counting »

A Morning to Stay in Bed

Monday, October 10, 2005

Indeed. Cool weather, gentle showers, slight breeze. A day to stay in bed. Except for this thing called work. Damn the almighty dollar! I need to snuggle under a blanket and refresh my batteries. I was starting to write up a typical recap of my weekend. But then it sounded so dull. I don't think it was dull at all, but the way it read was ordinary and mundane. That's not my life is it? Why do we aspire to be so extraordinary? Is it our own egos wanting us to be better than we truly are? Why are we afraid of being like our neighbors? "Shades of grey" another blogger called it recently, if I recall correctly. How can we have a sense of "self" if everything is so cookie-cutter? And then, when we try to break out of the mold, we're made fun of, laughed at, questioned, made to feel as if we shouldn't be an individual. See, I told you I need to refresh my batteries.

10/10/2005 09:01:00 AM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • If your weekend wasn't dull to you, then post. If it is dull to someone else, well then.. too bad for them!
    To be honest, I read some blogs that make me wonder if they're not stretching the truth a little to make the post a little more interesting. After awhile, they lose credibility that way.

    Break your mold and do things your way, you'll be able to sleep at night!
    Wish I could give ya permission to call in sick today and stay in bed!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 10/10/2005 10:32:00 AM

     


  • I gashed my knee when I was out running Saturday and had to get 10 stitches. No running for a week [:(]. But it's gonna be all right.
    So it was a quiet weekend pretty much. I slept in this morning. Usually I get up with hubby but chose not to this AM. It was way too warm and comfortable.
    Hope you have a lovely day.

    By Blogger UziCue, at 10/10/2005 10:47:00 AM

     


  • Break out of the mold. Definitely.

    Who cares what "they" say. What do they know.

    By Blogger Bone, at 10/10/2005 11:03:00 AM

     


  • If you want to write about your weekend, then do it because you want to campture a memory. Everyone doens'f find interest in the same items, and that's the joy of this world. My fun doesn't necessarily have to be someone else's.

    michele sent me.

    By Blogger dena, at 10/12/2005 05:33:00 AM

     


  • I am always interested in the differences between people, while noticing the ways in which we are all alike. Not everybody can have a terrific weekend every time, and it is only in maturity that we realize it isn't a realistic goal.
    Michele sent me.

    By Blogger kenju, at 10/12/2005 07:47:00 AM

     


  • Damn jobs! They get in the way of everything.

    By Blogger Wirthy, at 10/12/2005 10:39:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink