<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | And then there was the time... » | Thursday Thirteen » | Twenty-Six Days and Counting » | It's all about the party! » | Seven » | Meanwhile, back at the track... » | Why is it? » | Everything you wanted to know, then some » | Your Questions Answered — Round 3 » | Autumn Equinox »

Potpourri

Monday, October 03, 2005

Friday was payday of course. So, I did a little shopping. I went to DSW and spent about an hour and a half looking at and trying on shoes! I found a great pair on the sale rack. 70% off! I had to buy them just on principle...they were $10.40! And I got a new bag that was 80% off that went with the shoes. I also paid full price for a pair of black beaded dressy slides. So, two pairs of shoes and a bag for $62! Then I went to REI for a new running hydration system and some more energy gels. I also went to Target for a new hair dryer. Mine died on Friday. It was blowing nothing but cold air. Fortunately I was nearly done drying my hair when it croaked, so it wasn't too bad of a bad hair day. Saturday morning I went and did my longest long run before the race. Four hours and twenty miles! I parked near one of our local light-rail stations and did a 'trail-to-trail' run. Galatyn Park Trail to the Spring Creek Trail to the UTD Trail to the Preston Ridge Trail to the White Rock Creek Trail, then another 20 minutes at White Rock Lake. Whew! I made it! It wasn't easy, and for awhile I felt kinda sick, so I did have to stop and walk for a bit. Just 20 more days! Saturday night I went out with some friends. Wore my cute new shoes and took my bag out. And then when I got in my car to go home, I realized that I was missing something. When I realized what it was, I picked up the phone, made a call and set out to correct a mistake that I made. It took admitting I was wrong, and making an apology, but it's so worth it. Sunday I slept in! Best night of sleep I've had in a couple of weeks. This of course was followed by breakfast, and then a visit to my mom's house. She's redoing her kitchen. My sister and I went over to help her clean some things out and get ready for the guys to come in and measure the countertops and replace the stove top, oven, microwave and dishwasher. I'm sure I'll end up helping her do the floors too, but that's down the road. I also bought my mom her first pair of reading glasses. For months she's been squinting and holding items at arms length just to try to read the small print, insisting that she doesn't need reading glasses. But I think she's glad to have them now. I rounded out my weekend by watching one of my favorite new shows: Rome on HBO. It's awesome! If you haven't seen it yet, well, dangit, you're missing out! I love all the characters. Well, except this one scheming devious hag, but I don't think you're supposed to like her. Random Quote of the Day: "I think I want to move my computer over there, because then I can put a shorter cord on it. I heard that will make it run faster."

10/03/2005 09:47:00 AM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • Don't get HBO. But I did see previews for that somewhere and it looked like it would be very interesting.

    By Blogger Bone, at 10/03/2005 11:33:00 AM

     


  • Two pairs of shoes for $62?

    Sounds like the very definition of heaven for most women!

    By Blogger culfy, at 10/03/2005 12:05:00 PM

     


  • Oh no! Shoe blogging... ACK!

    Sports... need sports soon... must find sports... can't breathe...

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/03/2005 01:48:00 PM

     


  • LOL, I wish the shorter cord idea would work for my computer too. (g)

    I just bought a new blow dryer at Target too, wonder if we bought the same one? LOL j/k

    By Anonymous Laura, at 10/04/2005 07:03:00 AM

     


  • You didn't mention you were shoe shopping at DSW!! I finally got to one. The closest one's to me are near Philadelphia. I liked the shoes, but wasn't in love with them. I guess I had higher expectations. Maybe it was just the time of year that I went. I'll try it again!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 10/04/2005 11:42:00 AM

     


  • I LOVE DSW. Love love love love LOVE it!!

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 10/09/2005 05:53:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink