<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Twelfth Night, a surprise » | Today's Special » | Your Questions Answered — Round 4 » | Potpourri » | And then there was the time... » | Thursday Thirteen » | Twenty-Six Days and Counting » | It's all about the party! » | Seven » | Meanwhile, back at the track... »

Thursday Thirteen, II

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thirteen things on my mind today: 1) We got another cool front! Yay! It's a lovely overcast day today. 2) I'm getting a flu shot in about 20 minutes. Didn't get one last year due to the shortages, but I'd gotten them every year for the past 5, and haven't been sick. 3) I'm meeting with my lawyer today to go over my divorce papers. I can't wait to get this over with. 4) I found out that my STB-ex is dating someone. This doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that he's already introduced my kids to her, and he didn't tell me. I had to find out from them. Jerk. If it's not serious (he says it isn't), they don't need to know just yet. Right? 5) I like surprising Nick. 6) My kids were in their uncle's wedding last weekend. I saw some pictures, and they looked adorable. Evidently, they danced for three hours straight, most of the time with each other. Their dad said everyone was amazed at how much fun they had together on the dance floor! They're just like their momma in this aspect, because their daddy certainly can't and doesn't dance. 7) Nick looked into dance lessons at a local studio. They start at $400. I don't think so. 8) We can get free dance lessons at Gilley's on Saturday nights. I need to get good use out of my new boots anyway. 9) Yep, this rock'n'roll girl bought herself a pair of cowboy boots. They're super cute! 10) Gas is out of control. I hate paying $42 to fill up my tank. You'd think Jetta's would get better gas mileage, but in truth, they're only about average. Around 25 mpg. 11) I'm thankful that my job is now closer to home than it was four months ago. I like driving 4 miles to work. 12) Elle lost her 8th tooth this week. Except the first night it was under her pillow, the tooth fairy didn't have any cash. So the tooth sat there for another 24 hours before the tooth fairy got on the stick and found some green paper stuff to swap out with. 13) I need more coffee.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. MommaK @ Petroville 2. UziCue 3. Kate @ Daily Dose 4. Crusty Crone 5. Sleeping Mommy 6. E @ Retrospect 7. Angie @ Big Red Couch 8. Laura @ LaLa Girl 9. Raehan @ Agog & Aghast 10. Catherine @ The Fountain Pen 11. Mommy D 12. Nearest Distant Shore Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! Leanne says: Thirteen things is all I ask for, and what do you get in return? Linkage! If you do it, leave a comment here and link me to your Thursday Thirteen. I will be sure to update my entry with links to yours, and then you can continue the chain if you like! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

10/06/2005 10:53:00 AM :: ::
18 Comments:
  • Can we see a picture of the new boots please? I've lived in the country long enough...I think I need to get me some ;-)

    Here's my 13!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 10/06/2005 11:04:00 AM

     


  • 1. Cool is good. I look great in coats.
    2. I've had one flu shot in my life and got the flu from it
    3. Try to get more money before its over.
    4. Until its a serious relationship, like almost ready to get engaged, the kids involvement should be minimum. In my opinion. Meeting is fine, but thats about it.
    5. Did you make him wet his pants? J/K. How was Twelfth Night?
    6. A family of dancing fools
    7. Dance lessons? Hell, just shake dat ass
    8. I think every town in the U.S. has a bar called Gilley's. Ours is real dive.
    9. Boots are comfortable
    10. My car gets around 32 on the highway, and I don't do much in town driving.
    11. Close to home is good. My job is 9 blocks from home.
    12. I thought the tooth fairy always had cash.
    13. mmmm, coffee.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 10/06/2005 11:10:00 AM

     


  • You go girl! Get your dance on!!

    Go check my list out:

    http://uzismusings.blogspot.com/2005/10/thursday-thirteen_06.html

    By Blogger UziCue, at 10/06/2005 11:11:00 AM

     


  • I'd like to see the boots, too! Ooh I just bought a sweater that would go great with boots on a cool fall night out two-stepping (or what have you): Cool Sweater

    It's nylon, and it's softer than cashmere!!!

    By Anonymous leanne, at 10/06/2005 11:33:00 AM

     


  • Thank goodness you finally got this out there! I was dying to find out what you did last night! Sounds like it was a great time! And, I think I'm in love with Nick. Any man that can appreciate Maya Angelou and particularly THAT poem, is a keeper! Gilly's with new boots is a perfect way to learn to dance. Have fun!! Finally, no, your STBX should NOT be introducing his trashy women to your kids. wrong, wrong, wrong!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 10/06/2005 11:52:00 AM

     


  • $400? Yikes -- for how many lessons? That'd better be a package of 10.

    Let me know who the instructor is before you start taking from the wrong person. I'm still familiar with most of the good/bad teachers.

    Heck, for $35 an hour I might even be tempted to give privates...

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/06/2005 12:23:00 PM

     


  • Great post. Thanks for stopping by!

    By Blogger TBG, at 10/06/2005 12:35:00 PM

     


  • Hi Interstellar
    Enjoyed reading your 13 things. New boots... a girl can always use new boots. Its good for your skin. New boots bring out your inner glow.

    By Blogger The Crusty Crone, at 10/06/2005 12:53:00 PM

     


  • I think you've got quite a bit going on yourself and I totally agree, they don't need to be meeting any of their dad's girlfriends unless it's serious. That totally messed with my head when I was young and I even put my foot down (at the age of 8 or 9) and told my dad that I refused to meet anymore unless he was actually serious. And I didn't until he got engaged to my stepmom when I was 13.

    Oh and here's the link to my 13. :) http://sleepingmommy.com/?p=19

    I got yours added to mine.

    By Blogger Sleeping Mommy, at 10/06/2005 01:17:00 PM

     


  • Love these lists!

    hmm, wonder if I can get my hub to join me for dancing.. that'll take some doing.

    Hope the div. paper signing goes smoothly!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 10/06/2005 01:41:00 PM

     


  • Funny....the tooth fairy has done the same thing here. Multiple times. Wonder if she's having a cash flow problem! My thirteen is up, too!

    By Anonymous E, at 10/06/2005 01:44:00 PM

     


  • My husband and I took dance lessons together when we were first dating. I learned that there is such a thing like "tone deaf" that refers to dancability, and he's got it! Oh well, the dance lessons were his idea, so he got an 'A' for effort.

    I agree. Kids shouldn't be meeting their parents' dates. That's just wrong wrong.

    My kids don't even bother putting their teeth under the pillows. They just give me the teeth and put their hands out. Such a magical time.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 10/06/2005 02:00:00 PM

     


  • The tooth fairy has done that so many times at our house! Thanks for visiting!

    By Anonymous Angie, at 10/06/2005 02:57:00 PM

     


  • When my now ex was my soon-to-be-ex and I referred to him as STBX online, I started calling him "shitbox" in my head, because that's what the acronym looks like. And y'know what? It usually really FITS, too!!

    Don't you love this cool fall weather?

    Here's my list!

    http://supatwinsmama.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Laura, at 10/06/2005 03:21:00 PM

     


  • I had been trying to post on your site since yesterday because I am paying you a visit from Michele's! Darn Blogger wouldn't let me. Anyway, great list. Glad you had fun on your night out. As for your kids meeting your ex's girlfriends. Just say no. That messed with me when my dad did that. Not good. I like your site...I will be back!

    By Blogger mommy d, at 10/06/2005 03:28:00 PM

     


  • Awesome on the divorce. I didn't know Jetta's got such low gas mileage.
    Here's my Thursday Thirteen:
    http://thefountainpen.net

    By Anonymous catherine, at 10/06/2005 08:17:00 PM

     


  • We've been talking a lot about the tooth fairy lately. It's on my daughter's mind, but she's far away from losing teeth, I think.

    By Blogger Raehan, at 10/07/2005 12:11:00 AM

     


  • Hey, I had to do the tooth fairy thing last night too! Riley finally lost that front tooth. Exes are such a-holes about girlfriends. Why do they insist on keeping things a secret.It's so ridiculous.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10/07/2005 07:55:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink