<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | The Plot Thickens » | Mental(ly) Challenge(d) » | 23/5 Meme » | A Morning to Stay in Bed » | Quiet Morning » | Friday Roundup » | Thursday Thirteen, II » | Twelfth Night, a surprise » | Today's Special » | Your Questions Answered — Round 4 »

Thursday Thirteen, III

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thirteen things on my mind today: 1) First of all, thank you to eveyone who came by my little blog yesterday, via Michele! Thank you so much Michele! I was so surprised and honored to be the site of the day. *blushing* I will be making a visit to each and every one of you, but it may take a little time. 2) No Mas Yasso-my-assos! Today was my last Yasso workout! Well, at least for this marathon. I so almost didn't get out of bed this morning. I was sleeping so well and so comfy. But, I dragged myself from between the sheets. And then, on the way to the track, I was feeling so sleepy and lazy I told myself that I was just going to run 4 miles easy then go home. But of course, I didn't. I ran a 1 mile warm-up, then did my 8-800's. My target was 5:00 for each of them. My first was a 4:38. A little too fast. The rest were between 4:50 and 5:00, and my last one was a 4:48. I was well proud of myself! Now my legs feel like jello though. Just nine more days! 3) Isn't it sad when I pay $2.76 for a gallon of gas and feel like I got a deal? I mean, what is up with that? 4) Last night I got up the nerve to write a 'writers bio' and send off some short fiction to a publication for consideration. I have no idea how long it will take for me to hear back, so cross fingers! I actually had to write about myself in the third person. Reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine dated the guy Jimmy that talked about himself in the third person. Creepy! 5) I had fried chicken, KFC fried chicken, last night for the first time in at least a year. It was so DAMN GOOD! 6) I forgot to do my Thursday Thirteen until I went to MommaK's blog. Oops. So I'm re-doing my post from today since I kinda sorta already started a 'list'. 7) I feel pretty today. Even thought I didn't do my hair. No time after all that running. Just dried the front and put the rest up in a clip. 8) I had an apple cinnamon scone for breakfast. It wasn't as good as the cranberry scones they have, but they were out of those. 9) I go tonight to re-do my BodPod measurements to see how much (if any) body fat percentage I've lost since August. We'll see how that goes. I'm not going to be too disappointed if it's not as much as I wanted, because a) I didn't do the weight training I wanted to do, and b) well, I'm not going to get down on myself over that. 10) Tonight is also the night for ER. I love me some Dr. Kovac! 11) Hey! Today is October 13! And it's a Thursday Thirteen! 12) I'm hungry for lunch already. I'm thinking about that fried chicken I had last night and how good it was. {chicken} *sigh* I'll have to see what's on the menu for the cafeteria today. 13) Just when my nails were looking good, I had to go and break one while I was opening the sliding door to the backyard. Never fails.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. MommaK @ Petroville 2. UziCue 3. Leanne 4. Jenny 5. Jak 6. Better Safe Than Sorry 7. Rus 8. MommyD 9. Jessica 10. Leave your link in my comments and I'll link you here! Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! Leanne says: Thirteen things is all I ask for, and what do you get in return? Linkage! If you do it, leave a comment here and link me to your Thursday Thirteen. I will be sure to update my entry with links to yours, and then you can continue the chain if you like! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

10/13/2005 09:04:00 AM :: ::
29 Comments:
  • Well, you know Bone's gotta comment when you mention Seinfeld in a blog entry. Bone loves that. Everything reminds Bone of Seinfeld. Bone wishes Lass good luck on her marathon. Bone wishes he could run that far. Bone will talk to Lass later :-)

    By Blogger Bone, at 10/13/2005 09:36:00 AM

     


  • I am back via Michele. I am jealous you worked out. I am too tired after work to even think of working out.

    Good luck w. your submission.

    By Anonymous nancy, at 10/13/2005 10:02:00 AM

     


  • You had to write about yourself in the third person ... that would be weird ... and hard to do I can imagine. *crosses fingers* Luv ya!

    By Blogger Brittany, at 10/13/2005 10:42:00 AM

     


  • I'll link you if you'll link me:

    http://uzismusings.blogspot.com/2005/10/thursday-thirteen_13.html

    By Blogger UziCue, at 10/13/2005 11:25:00 AM

     


  • That whole third person thing is hard. I did that for my Artist statement too. AAAH!!!!

    I am impressed with your running, and your times! I couldn't run from the front to the back of my house in under 5 minutes. WTG! ;)

    Leanne's Thirteen

    By Anonymous leanne, at 10/13/2005 11:32:00 AM

     


  • mmm...KFC biscuits...a few of those and your 5:00 would be 10:00. They're like lead weights. Best of luck on the marathon AND the writing.

    Here are my thirteen

    Jenny's Thirteen

    By Blogger jenny, at 10/13/2005 11:40:00 AM

     


  • Thank so much for the ER reminder...with having Monday off Im totally out of sync..

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/13/2005 12:43:00 PM

     


  • Wow-what a great list- such wonderful thoughts floating around-that is so great that you are doing a marathan! You have so much going to look forward to-good for you:)

    By Blogger jak, at 10/13/2005 12:54:00 PM

     


  • congrats on michelle's, sorry i missed you over there, i seem to be more hit than miss over there lately.
    i haven't watched er for years, used to be one of my favorite shows. can't remember the last time we had kfc, when we get fried chicken now, we do popeyes or mary browns.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 10/13/2005 01:22:00 PM

     


  • I couldn't think of three things to put down, let alone thirteen.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 10/13/2005 01:50:00 PM

     


  • yummmmmmm....KFC. My oldest daughter SCREAMS if I even suggest fast food to her, but her weakness has always been KFC....good thing we only do it once a year... :)

    I've linked you already... :)

    By Blogger rusvw, at 10/13/2005 01:56:00 PM

     


  • Hey, thanks for visiting my blog for visiting your blog. ;-)

    Mmmm, KFC....

    By Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator, at 10/13/2005 02:01:00 PM

     


  • Oooh, KFC! I don't think I've had that since I was pregnant with.....somebody.

    Just nine more days? Really?

    By Anonymous AbbyNormal, at 10/13/2005 03:09:00 PM

     


  • Great list! I love KFC and I haven't watched ER in years. When the staff started to change, I just kinda stopped

    By Blogger TC, at 10/13/2005 03:09:00 PM

     


  • I love KFC, we had it a few weeks ago as a treat...mmmmm. Good luck with the literary submission, let us know how you get on!

    By Anonymous Claire, at 10/13/2005 03:14:00 PM

     


  • Who had to go and mention KFC? Mmm, KFC. Ohhhh! Seinfeld... great show! DD loves Seinfeld! LOL! :) I'm way too punch for my own good right now.

    By Blogger Dave, at 10/13/2005 03:30:00 PM

     


  • Wow you are dedicated on the running thing. I don't think I could do it. Good for you! I hate when I break a nail. Makes me mad! Here is my link... http://multiplemania.blogspot.com/2005/10/thursday-thirteen_13.html

    By Blogger mommy d, at 10/13/2005 03:46:00 PM

     


  • Good luck with the writing! Keep us posted. I'm doing my first submission tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed. Love ER, love Dr. Kovac too. That Samantha - what's her deal? Doesn't she know a good thing when she has it?!

    Here's a link to my thirteen.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 10/13/2005 05:03:00 PM

     


  • back again--forgot to say CONGRATS on the 50 lbs!!!! Inspiration cometh in waves today! Thanks!

    By Blogger rusvw, at 10/13/2005 05:32:00 PM

     


  • Love this list! Congrats on the working out, that's amazing. Thurs. is the best tv night!

    By Blogger Alisha, at 10/13/2005 05:57:00 PM

     


  • Hey -- if you're gonna break training for fried chicken, it HAS to be Popeye's extra spicy!

    Gee, I miss fried chicken.

    Good luck on the submissions. :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/13/2005 06:54:00 PM

     


  • I'm so excited about your next BodPod visit. I'm sure you will be more than pleased with your results. Mmmm, scones...butter!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 10/13/2005 06:54:00 PM

     


  • Well hey there! I had KFC last night too...ahahahaha...hubby brought it home! I am so not doing these 13 things yet...but everyone else is, I feel the peer pressure! :) Not today though, it's my girlie's bday! Oh and by the way, my friend knows your Dr Kovac...he's nice and he's married...BOOHOO! I find him very yummy! Happy Thursday

    By Blogger Twist of Kate, at 10/13/2005 07:23:00 PM

     


  • You can never have 10 good nails, can you? Here's my list.

    http://wedsoff.com/2005_10_01_wedsarchive.html#112920358652319842

    By Blogger Star, at 10/13/2005 08:13:00 PM

     


  • You paid $2.76 for gas!! I'm jealous. We're still at $2.89 around here at the cheapest stations.
    Here's my 13: http://thefountainpen.net

    By Anonymous catherine, at 10/13/2005 08:49:00 PM

     


  • I played today! I've never seen this before, how fun! http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/

    I paid 2.89 for gas last time. Scary!

    By Blogger Jen, at 10/13/2005 08:58:00 PM

     


  • I'm really proud of you for your running achievements! I've run for about 5 years now, but never consistently so I still totally suck at it ;) I'm trying to start taking it seriously though as I've been watching the scale creeping up over the past year--ack!

    By Anonymous Angela, at 10/13/2005 10:20:00 PM

     


  • Fried chicken. Possibly the world's most perfect food.

    Here's my Thirteen.

    By Anonymous terrilynn, at 10/13/2005 11:11:00 PM

     


  • Congratulations on making Michele's site of the day! I'm still dreaming about my first time. It'll be fantastic. My server will probably explode.

    Thanks for visiting me, too.

    By Anonymous JV, at 10/17/2005 03:34:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink