<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Last Minute » | Running that race » | Monday, it's like deja vu » | Do ya like it? » | Thursday Thirteen, III » | The Plot Thickens » | Mental(ly) Challenge(d) » | 23/5 Meme » | A Morning to Stay in Bed » | Quiet Morning »

Thursday Thirteen, IV

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thirteen things on my mind today: 1) Last night was my last run before The Big Day. Thirty minutes easy jog. It felt good. 2) I still have three loads of laundry to fold, plus another one to wash and fold. It never ends! 3) I should get the final draft of my divorce papers either today or tomorrow. If all the changes are in there and I sign them, I think I could be divorced within the next two weeks. Yay! 4) I felt like dressing up in a suit today. I look all business like and professional. he he 5) I'm starving! I need to go get a scone. Hopefully they have cranberry today. 6) I'm going to miss Elle's soccer game this weekend. :( But, it's the only one on the schedule that's at 8 am. I'm kinda glad I don't have to take her. Evil, I know. 7) I'm ready for hurricane season to be over! Wilma! I can't believe they've run out of names. You know they go to the Greek alphabet next? 8) I've been getting 'good-lucks' and 'have funs' and 'you'll do greats' all morning. There are just too damn many people to thank for getting me to this point! I have so many friends that have been so inspirational and supportive. Gosh ya'll, I might actually cry! *sniff, sniff* 9) I have officially signed up for the Rockledge Rumble 30K. That's just three weeks away! Yay! 10) After Sunday, I get to do two things I haven't been able to do since July! Ride my bike and run on dirt trails! Woo hoo! I can't believe I've actually been able to avoid those temptations. 11) Forgive me, but the only other thing on my mind is my marathon! 12) See, still thinking about it. Hey! Who wants a mile? 1 & 18 are taken, but there are 24 other miles to be had! Leave your name in my comments. First come, first serve! Special requests will be accomodated to the best of my ability! 13) I know you're all excited for Sunday to come and go so I can actually talk about something else! Shut up already! :D HA HA!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. MommaK @ Petroville 2. Jessica 3. Leanne 4. Sea & Sky 5. Phoenix 6. Jak 7. Colleen 8. Jen 9. PractiGal 10. Better Safe Than Sorry 11. MommyD 12. Texas Ivy 13. Jenny 14. Leave your link in my comments and I'll link you here! Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! Leanne says: Thirteen things is all I ask for, and what do you get in return? Linkage! If you do it, leave a comment here and link me to your Thursday Thirteen. I will be sure to update my entry with links to yours, and then you can continue the chain if you like! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

10/20/2005 08:43:00 AM :: ::
28 Comments:
  • Hey girl. Just wanted to wish you much endurance in your race on Sunday. I'm taking a break from the TT this week. Kind of brain-dead, y'know.
    Have a good day.

    By Blogger UziCue, at 10/20/2005 09:53:00 AM

     


  • What exactly does "wants a mile" entail?

    By Blogger Bone, at 10/20/2005 10:01:00 AM

     


  • You just gotta claim it! I thought about people bidding for miles and then donating the money to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, but I didn't have time to set up the online donation site and all.

    By Blogger InterstellarLass, at 10/20/2005 10:04:00 AM

     


  • I'll take one mile. I've started running. (did you just fall down in shock?) But I can only do one...

    Great list and good luck honey!!! Woo-hoo!!

    Here's my 13:
    http://www.petroville.com/?p=447

    By Blogger MommaK, at 10/20/2005 10:21:00 AM

     


  • I want mile 4!

    By Blogger Bone, at 10/20/2005 10:58:00 AM

     


  • Hey, I did the 13 Thursday for the first time today. The template header was too big and messed up my page though...so I had to take it off. I know what you mean about Wilma. If we have a hurricane with a Z name, I'm gonna feel like the world is ending.

    Hi from Michele's today.

    By Anonymous colleen, at 10/20/2005 11:00:00 AM

     


  • Ugh!! Divorce papers, at least it's almost over. Good luck with everything going on!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10/20/2005 11:11:00 AM

     


  • "2) I still have three loads of laundry to fold, plus another one to wash and fold. It never ends!" You just fold the clothes - WITHOUT IRONING?

    =;-)
    Kelpy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2005 11:52:00 AM

     


  • Can I have mile 11?
    That's my shoe size

    MrC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2005 12:43:00 PM

     


  • I'll take mile 6, just seems like a good mile to have-Well, i know you got have gotton alot of these but....GOOD LUCK on sunday-it is so inspiring-you rock my dear and their's alot of people cheering you on-you go!

    man, a cranberry scones sound so good......

    By Blogger jak, at 10/20/2005 12:52:00 PM

     


  • 13 is a lot... but they do say that 14 is the number of positive thoughts to erase a bad one...

    By Blogger Logtar, at 10/20/2005 12:55:00 PM

     


  • wow, you're doing a marathon. we just had one in our city last weekend, but i'm not a marathoner (if that's even a word?). good luck with it, hope the weather cooperates for you.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 10/20/2005 01:09:00 PM

     


  • Good luck! Hope you get a good day for your marathon.

    I'm linking to your 13 now... ;-)

    By Blogger Marie, at 10/20/2005 01:21:00 PM

     


  • You go Girl! I've always wanted to run but it kills my knees, hips and boobs. lol. I'm checking out the other 13s right now. K

    By Blogger used*to*be*me*, at 10/20/2005 02:04:00 PM

     


  • No one's claimed mile 26 yet? I want it! I want 26, baby! Make that 26.2!

    I won't wish you "good luck", because we both know it's not luck. "Break a leg"? OH, forget I said that! Just go get 'em!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 10/20/2005 02:07:00 PM

     


  • That's so cool! I can't wait to get the news about your big run :-)

    Thanks for stopping by today, I'm linking to you straight away!

    By Blogger Jen, at 10/20/2005 04:53:00 PM

     


  • Best of luck to you! :)

    By Blogger FTS, at 10/20/2005 05:17:00 PM

     


  • Can I have mile 9? I'll be thinking of you while you're running and sending good luck vibes across the miles!

    By Anonymous Claire, at 10/20/2005 06:14:00 PM

     


  • I'll take mile 7! It's lucky around this house!!
    Here's to the 26th Mile!!!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 10/20/2005 06:56:00 PM

     


  • Good luck on your marathon! Maybe by this time next year I'll be running one of my own.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier; oddly, you're my only Thirteen visitor today.

    By Anonymous terrilynn, at 10/20/2005 09:10:00 PM

     


  • Hey, thumbs up to missing the early morning soccer game...my husband coaches hockey and I get an automatic out for all 6 a.m. practices. No guilt allowed. But you do know that she's going to score a few times and make the play of the game, right? :).

    Good luck to you this weekend...such an inspiration to a 'i used to run and now i just don't make the time' girl.

    By Blogger jenny, at 10/20/2005 09:12:00 PM

     


  • I will take a mile if I can crawl the second half of it:) Thank you for stopping by

    By Blogger FattyPants, at 10/20/2005 11:40:00 PM

     


  • here comes another... GOOD LUCK! Just think you're running after or with James Bond in the marathon-that's one way to get you through and hopefully there will be a martini at the end of it for you ;-) but maybe water will be all you'll fancy ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 10/21/2005 04:10:00 AM

     


  • I'll take mile 4, that's ususally my best one. Good luck!!!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 10/21/2005 09:11:00 AM

     


  • Hi!

    It was lovely to have you visit my blog the other day! Good luck on your marathon.

    By Blogger Cin, at 10/21/2005 09:14:00 AM

     


  • Good luck in the marathon! It sounds like you're well prepared. I hope you have a great time.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 10/21/2005 09:34:00 AM

     


  • I'll take mile 22.
    BTW, what does that mean? No matter, I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

    By Blogger UziCue, at 10/21/2005 10:04:00 AM

     


  • Hey! Have a great run, I'll take one of your miles if you have any left!

    By Anonymous leanne, at 10/21/2005 01:39:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink