<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | My Arch Nemesis » | The K-12 Meme » | Sunny and 86 » | The Half » | Genesis » | Divergence » | Thursday Thirteen, VI » | 48 hours and counting » | NaNoWriMo & Naked Blathering » | The Meetin' »

Thursday Thirteen, VII

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thirteen things on my mind today: 1) Thank goodness Paris is OK. 2) Too bad this Paris isn't doing as well. 3) Saturday is the Rockledge Rumble 30K. I love running, but I'm going to be glad after the first weekend in January when I can take a bit of a break. 4) We lost one of our frogs last night. When I got home from work, Jerry was floating. He would do this sometimes, but this was different. I took off the tank lid and poked him and he didn't move. Poor thing. He was involved in a bit of an accident Monday night. We cleaned the tank, and he made a mad leap from his bowl on the counter to the kitchen floor. Then he got caught on a drawer handle as he tried to jump out of my hands again. I think he must have suffered some trauma, and that's the cause for his untimely passing. 5) I'll have to get to PetsMart and get a replacement before the kids notice. 6) Nick started his new job on Monday. He likes it pretty well so far. He's working with a kid fresh out of college. Evidently this kid is an idiot. 7) I haven't talked to my Ex all week, and I love it. I got my final, signed papers in the mail yesterday. Not only does the judge have an assembly-line, automaton script, but he doesn't even sign his name. It's ink-stamped on there. 8) I've got something to tell my mom. She's going to be upset. It's nothing I did or anything to do with me. I'm not looking forward to being the one to tell her. 9) I just had a yummy cranberry scone. 10) With a half-pint of milk. In a carton. Milk in a carton tastes better than milk in a plastic bottle. 11) I'm 8-0-1 in my fantasy football league. Still in first place baby! WOOT! 12) As of 9:15 this morning, I have 29,511 hits to my site. I'll be hitting 30,000 soon! What should be my special prize for my 30,000th visitor? Assuming I can figure out who they are... 13) I think they should have worried about making it harder to get divorced as a true step in defending marriage, rather than taking away people's rights to commit to each other. Make it harder to get married too. Turn marriage into a religious rite. Give everyone 'civil unions'. Don't legislate morals. It's been tried before and it ultimately failed. The only comfort I have in this is that one day this will be overturned.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Carnealian 2. Janey 3. Mar 4. Sleeping Mommy 5. Jen 6. Cori 7. Colleen 8. Mommy D 9. MommaK 10. TexasIvy 11. Running2K's 12. Jak 13. BSTS 14. Tommi 15. Coyote Mike 16. Squashed Toad 17. Crusty Crone 18. Keb 19. Terrilynn 20. Marisa 21. Lisa 22. LilyBleu 23. Mrs. Fun 24. Geronimo! 25. Mia Spiral 26. Leanne 27. JeeJ 28. Musings from the Edge 29. Marybeth 30. Heartsongs 31. M.E. 32. Chatty 33. Catherine 34. Leave your link in my comments and I'll link you here! Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! Leanne says: Thirteen things is all I ask for, and what do you get in return? Linkage! If you do it, leave a comment here and link me to your Thursday Thirteen. I will be sure to update my entry with links to yours, and then you can continue the chain if you like! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

11/10/2005 09:18:00 AM :: ::
31 Comments:
  • Are you seriously pissing off the men you work with since you are in first place with fantasy football?

    Poor Mr. Jerry. I had fish that tried to committ suicide by diving out of the bowl. It's so sad!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 11/10/2005 11:07:00 AM

     


  • Sorry about your frog. I've had more than one dream that my fish gets out of his bowl. Fortunately, they've all just been dreams so far.

    By Blogger Bone, at 11/10/2005 11:11:00 AM

     


  • sorry about your frog.How many do you have left? I don't like milk from plastic bottles either. Here are my 13, which you already saw, thanks for stopping by.

    By Anonymous mar, at 11/10/2005 11:41:00 AM

     


  • Poor Froggy! Poor Paris, too (the country, not the girl). 30K, huh? that's a looooong run! I had 47,798 hits when I closed my other blog; I think I gave a CD to the person who was the 10,000th!

    By Blogger Janet, at 11/10/2005 12:04:00 PM

     


  • sorry about your frog--don't care so much about Paris (hilton that is)

    Here's the link to my thirteen. I just got yours up on mine.

    http://sleepingmommy.com/?p=51

    By Blogger Sleeping Mommy, at 11/10/2005 12:09:00 PM

     


  • We had a frog for a while. He seemed totally fine, then one day he was just bones. Weird.

    I hope it goes well when you tell your mom whatever it is...

    Here's my 13 http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/ Take care!

    By Blogger Jen, at 11/10/2005 12:43:00 PM

     


  • Good luck on the frog and mom. Not a good start to the day...

    By Blogger FTS, at 11/10/2005 12:55:00 PM

     


  • http://coricorner.blogspot.com/
    Thats mine!
    Lets all take a moment of silence(insert silence here) for poor little Jerry. I am sure his short life was full of many of happy ribbots and dreams lilly pads. God Bless your tiny toad soul.

    By Blogger Cori, at 11/10/2005 01:00:00 PM

     


  • And tea tastes better at home while beer taste better at a restaruant.

    Fun read!

    By Anonymous colleen, at 11/10/2005 01:21:00 PM

     


  • Rest In Peace, sweet Jerry.

    Yah, I don't think enough couples take marriage seriously. Too many brides want to be "Queen for a Day" and grooms just want regular sex. Not real strong foundations. That whole "sanctity of marriage" argument doesn't hold much weight for me.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 11/10/2005 01:59:00 PM

     


  • You are a running maniac! Sorry to hear about your froggy. I hope you can find a good replacement! Here is my link... http://multiplemania.blogspot.com/2005/11/thursday-thirteen_10.html

    By Blogger mommy d, at 11/10/2005 02:01:00 PM

     


  • Well done on doing so well in fantasy football!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 11/10/2005 02:26:00 PM

     


  • A prize? Oh yes!! Good luck breaking the tough news to your mom whatever it is. I hate that job. Have a good weekend sweetie!!

    By Blogger MommaK, at 11/10/2005 02:35:00 PM

     


  • Sorry to hear about the frog! Hopefully you can get a new one before the kids notice!

    Good luck on your 30K this Saturday!

    By Blogger Texas_Ivy10, at 11/10/2005 02:41:00 PM

     


  • Congrats on 7 and Here Here! on 13. Great list, and good luck in the 30K.

    Here's mine :)
    http://running2ks.blogsome.com/2005/11/10/thursday-thirteen/

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 11/10/2005 02:54:00 PM

     


  • what did you do with the frog, shouldn't you have a funeral for it? poor thing.
    i've noticed you have a thing for cranberry scones, i've never had a scone in my life, but i do love cranberry muffins.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 11/10/2005 03:12:00 PM

     


  • Good luck at your run!!!!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 11/10/2005 03:28:00 PM

     


  • Poor frog! Poor you. I hope you find one at Petsmart that resembles this one. And good luck with whatever it is you are getting up the courage to tell your mother.

    By Anonymous Jeej, at 11/10/2005 04:02:00 PM

     


  • Sorry about the frog!

    I totally agree with you on the marriage vs. civil union thing. I think that would solve a lot of problems.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    By Anonymous Karin, at 11/10/2005 04:07:00 PM

     


  • My mom tried to pull the old pet switch-a-roo on me when I was younger. It worked, until my dog dug up the old turtled burried out in the backyard. One of the more traumatic experiences of my childhood.

    By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 11/10/2005 05:29:00 PM

     


  • Poor frog! I like your statement about marriage. I think it is something to consider.

    By Blogger Mia Spiral, at 11/10/2005 05:56:00 PM

     


  • For weeks I've been thinking, "Go check out InterstellarLass. You are always in the same places around the neighborhood- that must mean something..."

    A fine list and I agree, 13 is right on target.

    Poor frog is right. Hope it comes back next time on a tree or in a river. I always want to have little creatures as captive pets and I know they don't "care" but I imagine them to be better off in nature. Where they would be eaten by an owl in short order.

    By Anonymous vicki, at 11/10/2005 07:11:00 PM

     


  • Totally with ya on the milk in a carton thing, but I can not drink from anything I cant see through! LOL Even if I pour it in a glass.... ACK!

    I truly wonder how many pets I have replaced over the years, and I wish you luck with getting it done!

    Here is my list... 1st timer.....

    http://crazynuttywacko.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger **Heather**, at 11/10/2005 11:42:00 PM

     


  • Sorry about the frog, I know how difficult it is to lose a pet.

    Why not signed photograph of yourself at 30,000; posing seductively in tracksuit?

    By Blogger culfy, at 11/11/2005 06:27:00 AM

     


  • I never thought i'd ever say something like this, but I actually liked Paris's haircut in the picture at that link. lol

    You must be doing better than half the people I know in Fantasy Football. Can you also give advice to the Bucs for me? I'd like them to win big for the rest of the season!! (ok so it IS a fantasy...) lol

    By Anonymous Laura, at 11/11/2005 06:46:00 AM

     


  • Thanks for visiting my link and condolences on the frog episode, hopefully his twin lives at Petsmart!

    By Blogger M.E., at 11/11/2005 06:53:00 AM

     


  • Another great list, I'm finally getting to read them all! :)

    Sorry to hear about Jerry. I hope you found a replacement?

    Hugs to you and your mom.

    By Blogger Leanne, at 11/11/2005 09:00:00 AM

     


  • Sorry about your frog! We have no pets and no plants - I have enough trouble taking care of the humans! I know, it's really pathetic.

    Congrats on Fantasy Football - that is totally awesome! I love football but just don't have time lately to watch it much.

    Here's my 13: http://daydreamsandmusings.blogspot.com/2005/11/thursday-thirteen.html

    By Blogger Jessica, at 11/11/2005 01:12:00 PM

     


  • yeah, I was TOTALLY worried about that Paris Hilton. ;). And WOOOT to the Fantasy Football. Awe-some!

    By Blogger jenny, at 11/11/2005 07:29:00 PM

     


  • I agree with the strengthening of marriage

    Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen

    By Blogger Barbara, at 11/12/2005 04:05:00 PM

     


  • Nice to be named after a frog...

    By Anonymous Jerry, at 11/16/2005 08:40:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink