<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Surprise! Updated with Photos! » | Best Birthday Ever! » | Bilingualization » | The 'WOW' Factor: Redux » | Holiday Recovery » | I've never cooked a turkey before » | Again with the weather! » | Pot Luck » | Know a good maid? » | Blathering »

Now that it's December

Friday, December 02, 2005

I actually feel right about decorating for Christmas. I'm not religious, but I appreciate the season, the family time, the cooking and the feeling of relaxation at the end of a long year. I love the smell of wood burning in the fireplace, pies baking in the oven, and real Christmas trees. I haven't had a real tree in years. My mom bought a fake one when I was in high school because one of my sisters is allergic. Took us like 15 years to figure it out. Then I didn't have a tree when I lived by myself. And, my Ex is allergic to real trees too. So this is my first year that I'll be 'eligible' to have a real tree. So, tomorrow, the kids and I are going to rise and shine early and meet Nick for breakfast. Then we're going to go to the Plano Christmas Parade. After the parade, we'll head over to a Christmas Tree Farm. It's not cut-your-own, but there are a lot of activities for the kids to do. We'll get to pick our tree and bring it home. I have boxes of ornaments to go through and weed out all the 'Our First Christmas' and our 'Family' Christmas ornaments. That makes me a little sad because there were a couple that I really treasured. One in particular. But I'll have new ornaments and new memories to make with me and Nick and the kids. I hope to get all my lights up on my house this weekend too. If I get it all done, I'll take a picture and post it. I'm not promising anything spectacular. And there will be no snow to enhance the atmosphere of the photo. Yeah. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be in the 70's.

12/02/2005 04:27:00 PM :: ::
13 Comments:
  • Happy Birthday a little late! Looks like you had a wonderful time. And congrats on your engagement! (The ring is absolutely beautiful).

    I started decorating for Christmas early this year -- the weekend after Thanksgiving. My tiny NYC apartment is too tiny to get a tree, so I bought a wreath instead (but at least I get that wintery pine smell).

    By Blogger Trista, at 12/02/2005 04:54:00 PM

     


  • Busy day tomorrow!! I do love the smell of a tree. I sit right near the atrium at work and can smell the tree and the real garland and wreaths. I have cats...trees are nearly impossible...sappy cats!

    It has been really, really cold here today...and very windy. I'll trade you the 70 degree weather any day! We're supposed to get about an inch of snow tonight too. Gah!

    You know you and Nick should think about coming up here when it's chilly. Hershey in February...chocolate fest!! You could go to the spaaaahhhh, couples massages!!!
    February in Hershey

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 12/02/2005 09:46:00 PM

     


  • Have fun decking the halls with boughs of holly!!Must be sooo much fun for you and the kiddies.

    Not sure if my folks will have a tree, they haven't bothered for a few years now. I make the effort of xmas for others but enjoy the chance to have a rest and spend time with friends,loved ones and a few glasses alon the way. That sounds like i'm a real baa humbug person doesn't it....better start drapping tinstle around me to get me in the mood.

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 12/03/2005 06:40:00 AM

     


  • i grew up having a real christmas tree but my kids are all allergic, so we haven't had a real one for years, it's not the same at all. that tree place sounds like a great time too!

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 12/03/2005 08:26:00 AM

     


  • Nice post, hope the tree turns out to be a great one. No snow and 70 degrees out, what the hell! Well that's Christmas in Texas, have a fun one.

    By Blogger mman, at 12/03/2005 11:02:00 AM

     


  • Forget the 70's. They're saying our high today will be around 82.

    Oh yeah, winter in Dallas. Yee freaking haw. :p

    By Blogger FTS, at 12/03/2005 01:15:00 PM

     


  • A real tree sounds fabulous. We haven't put up our fake tree yet, and I'm tempted to try and talk Brian into getting a real one instead. I haven't had a real tree for years.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12/03/2005 01:52:00 PM

     


  • I refuse to decorate my apt until or unless I have someone to decorate for.

    But you got kids and stuff, and its great that you have a real tree.

    The last time my parents got a real tree, they left it on the front porch for a day or so. My dog (who died a few years ago due to extreme old age and too much sex) decided to mark the tree as his territory. That was about 7 years ago. Now they have a fake tree and no dog.

    I miss my puppy.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 12/03/2005 08:51:00 PM

     


  • I hope this Christmas is everything you want it to be! Enjoy decorating and making new memories!

    By Blogger mommy d, at 12/03/2005 09:57:00 PM

     


  • Seriously, if you want some snow, I can pack it up. Really. I don't mind sharing the mood :)

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 12/03/2005 10:58:00 PM

     


  • Hey! If it's snow you want, we got it!

    And I got started on my Christmas decorating too. (I finally took down the halloween pics in the windows...) But it's a start!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 12/04/2005 11:55:00 AM

     


  • Time to get the trees up, Lass!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 12/04/2005 12:28:00 PM

     


  • I have snow to share!! Enjoy your real tree!!! Mmmmm!

    By Blogger Marie, at 12/05/2005 07:20:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink